Sneezing, runny nose, watery and itchy eyes, coughing – are all the common symptoms of allergic rhinitis, colds, flu, and sinusitis (caused by allergy).
Can intranasal light therapy (red light therapy for allergies) be your almost instant, drug-free solution for these disturbing symptoms?
Can a small, easy-to-use Low Level LED Light therapy device – open your congested nose, stop the sneezing, and itchy eyes – without any side effects?
Science says YES.
(Though there is one side effect: your family staring at you while your nose glows red twice a day)
This post contains affiliate links.
If you think this proven, painless, non-invasive, 100% natural, and low-cost home treatment is worth knowing about – keep reading.
In this post you’ll find the scientific evidence behind photobiomodulation for allergy relief, intranasal light therapy devices reviews, and exactly how to use them to quickly relieve your allergy symptoms – naturally and fast.
All you have to do is turn the light on.
Let’s dive in.
👉 In a Hurry? See our comparison table below, or jump to the intranasal allergy relievers reviews.
|Bottom Line||Treatment Time||Price|
|Lloyds Pharmacy Allergy Reliver||🥇Top Pick|
Jump to review
|5 minutes -|
2-3 times a day
|✅ $18 at Lloyds Pharmacy|
|Hailicare (Pronic) Allergy Reliever||Best Value|
Jump to review
|5 minutes -|
1-3 times a day
|✅ $20 on AliExpress|
|Kinetik Wellbeing||Shortest Treatment Time|
Jump to review
up to 4 times a day
|✅ Check price on Amazon|
Table of Contents
- What is Red Light Therapy for Sinuses?
- The 3 BEST Intranasal Allergy Relievers
- 7 Benefits of Intranasal Light Therapy
- Does Intranasal Light Therapy Work for Allergies?
- Intranasal Light Therapy Side Effects
What is Red Light Therapy for Sinuses?
Red light therapy for sinuses involves the simple process of clipping a small red light therapy diode (660nm – 810nm) to the nose – to illuminate the nasal cavity – for a specific amount of time. Most devices include one or two small LED light-emitting probes, which quickly stimulate the blood capillaries in your nasal cavity.
- Increased blood circulation in the nasal tissues
- Enhanced local blood oxygen saturation
- Eliminated/reduced nasal obstruction (congestion) caused by nasal swelling
- Improved nasal anti-virus/germs ability
- Repaired local blood capillaries
- Strengthened detoxification ability of the nasal mucosa
The 3 BEST Intranasal Allergy Relievers
Through our research, we found the 3 devices below to be the best ones in 2022. You’ll discover why and where to find them in our intranasal light therapy reviews:
1. Bionette Intranasal Light Therapy Device Best Value
- Treatment time: 5 minutes (with auto shut-off), 2-3 times a day. When you feel improvement, you can reduce the frequency of use gradually.
- Wavelength: 630 nanometer
👉 2022 update: sometimes the Bionette can not be found on Amazon. The closest device to the Bionette right now is LloydsPharmacy allergy reliever, which has the same features as the Bionette and looks the same.
The miniature, wireless Bionette device is so small (weighs less than an ounce) that you can put it in your pocket and take it anywhere with you.
It’s specifically designed to treat sneezing, nasal congestion, runny nose (Rhinorrhea) headaches, and itchy and watery eyes – all associated with allergic rhinitis, hay fever, sinusitis, colds, or flu.
👉 How to use: you simply squeeze the buttons on both sides of the device. Then you insert a probe into each nostril and relax.
The buttons spread the nasal probes and activate the dual light sensors.
- It can be safely used with other treatments/medication.
- Does not heat up your nostrils
- The battery lasts up to 80 treatments
- Comfortable and easy to use
- Safe for children
✅ Bionette Price – Check today’s price on Amazon
- Batteries are not included.
2. Kinetik Red Light Allergy Reliever Short Treatment Time
- Wavelength: 630nm
- Treatment time: 3 minutes up to 4 times a day. We recommend leaving at least 4 hours between treatments.
The Kinetik wellbeing company is an established UK company and is partnered with the largest first-aid charity in the UK.
The Kinetik wearable photobiomodulation technology is a simple-to-use, battery-operated home device.
You simply insert the red light therapy probes, press a button and you’re ready to go. It even comes with a string to hang around your neck to make it 100% portable.
- Simple, portable, and easy to use
- The LED red light probes are adjustable and fit every nose size
- 2 x AAA Batteries included in the package
- 30-day money-back guarantee
✅ Check price on Amazon
- Not recommended for children under the age of 12
- The probes stay in as long as you don’t tip your head forward
3. HailiCare (Pronic) Allergy Reliever Best Budget
- Wavelength – 650nm
- Treatment time – 1-3 treatments a day, 5 minutes for each treatment.
The HailiCare rhino phototherapy device (also known as Pronic Allergy Reliever) was designed to naturally relieve allergy symptoms (and even snoring)
The unique feature of the HailiCare is its 2 modes:
- A PulseMode –is used outside your nose via a nose clamp – to increase blood circulation through a gentle vibrating massage, which also stimulates acupressure points.
- A LaserMode – is used inside your nose via the 2 low-level laser diodes, to increase oxygenation and reduce inflammation.
👉 How to use the HailiCare: You simply attach either the massage node outside your nose, or insert the laser diodes inside your nose, and lay down.
You’ll have to lay or hold the diode in place otherwise it will fall out. Then you press the on/off button for 5 seconds until it turns on.
Start gradually by setting the massage clip to “low”. You can increase intensity after a couple of days.
Use the device for at least 5 minutes each time.
Hailicare Allergy Reliever Pros
- Comes with a clip to attach the device to your belt
- Massage intensity is adjustable.
- Treatment time can be set from 5 minutes to 15 minutes.
- Portable and easy to carry around
- From what I’ve found here, it has helped some people significantly reduce the use of allergy medication, such as Nasacort and Rhinocort.
- Affordable price
- Requires 3 x AAA batteries (not included in the package)
- You have to keep the laser diode inside your nostrils by laying down, otherwise, it will fall out. However, it’s a great excuse to relax and rest for 5 minutes.
7 Benefits of Intranasal Light Therapy
Intranasal red LED light therapy (also known as Rhino Phototherapy) is a 100% natural, non-invasive, painless, and low-cost way to quickly relieve Allergic Rhinitis, Hay Fever, Sinusitis symptoms, and even the cold or the flu.
Why should you use it?
Well, here are more great benefits of using IAT devices for allergy relief at home:
- Treatment is scientifically proven to work and is side-effect free
- Treatment time is short – 4-5 minutes, 2-3 times a day until symptoms are dramatically reduced
- Intranasal illumination devices are small, easy to carry, compact, and portable
- The best devices are easy to use and have an LCD display screen with easy operation buttons
- Home devices are not expensive and can be used anytime, anywhere you are – indefinitely.
- You may be able to cut down or even eliminate the use of medication
- Phototherapy stimulates your entire body to heal itself. When you use it you’ll reap other health benefits such as improved cognitive function, neuroprotection effect, reduced blood pressure, cholesterol, fewer triglycerides, better breathing, insomnia relief, and keeping you in generally good health.
Does Intranasal Light Therapy Work for Allergies?
Exposing your inner nose to light has many scientifically proven benefits. Researchers have found that it has a systemic effect on your brain and entire body. As for allergies, research has found that yes – it works. For example, this clinical trial (double-blind randomized) has reported significant improvement in symptoms by 72% of Allergic Rhinitis patients, and objective improvement was endoscopically seen in 70% of them, as compared with 24% and 3% respectively, in the placebo group.
It’s also proven to help with Alzheimer’s, Parkinson, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, cognitive performance, and more.
Intranasal Light Therapy Side Effects
Photobiomodulation is proven to be without any major side effects and is supported by a large body of scientific evidence for over 30 years.
👉 Low-Level light therapy is categorized by the FDA as “non-significant risk” products.
However, as with any other treatment, excessive use is not recommended and may create free radicals. It’s important to follow instructions and not overuse it.
An intranasal light therapy device is a 100% natural and safe treatment for allergy symptoms, is proven to work, and is low-cost and effective.
It’s a pleasant and easy way to reduce your need for allergy medication as well and promote healing in your entire body, by stimulating the body to heal itself.
You can also use an infrared heat lamp for allergy relief. It is proven to be effective and can be used for many other health conditions involving pain and inflammation.
And now over to you: Have you used LLLT to treat allergy and cold symptoms? What was your experience? Do you have any other questions? Use the comment section below.
To your health and happiness,
Narrow-Band Red Light Phototherapy in Perennial Allergic Rhinitis and Nasal Polyposis, Neuman, Ittai et al. Annals of Allergy, Asthma & Immunology, Volume 78, Issue 4, 399 – 406