When Jessica Alba, Kourtney Kardashian and Kate Hudson all posted an Instagram photo of themselves during a LED face mask session, I was intrigued, to say the least.
I already have (and love) my handheld red light therapy home device, and I already know it works great for wrinkles, sagging skin, and acne.
The idea of treating my entire face at the same time seemed like a major upgrade.
(Even if I look like Star Wars stormtrooper while I’m at it)
So I went ahead and did my own extensive research, to find everything about LED color light therapy face masks.
If you are looking for the highest quality and most effective LED facial treatment masks, you’ve come to the right place.
In this post you’ll find:
- 1 What is a LED Light Therapy Face Mask?
- 2 ✅ The 6 Best LED Light Therapy Face Masks (2019 Reviews)
- 2.1 1. Aduro LED Mask (Our Top Pick for 2019)
- 2.2 2. Project E Beauty LED Photon Therapy 7-Color Treatment Facial Mask
- 2.3 3. Best LED Mask for Face & Neck – New Project E Beauty 7 Colors LED Mask
- 2.4 4. ECO FACE Near-infrared LED Photon Mask
- 2.5 5. Carer 7 Color LED Mask Photon Therapy Facial Mask
- 2.6 6. Angel Kiss LED Photon Therapy Facial Beauty Mask
- 3 LED Facial Masks Side Effects
What is a LED Light Therapy Face Mask?
The best LED face masks include at least 2 important wavelengths: red and blue.
The red rays are scientifically proven to stimulate collagen and elastin production by increasing local blood circulation. The results:
1. Plumped, glowing skin immediately after treatment
2. Fewer wrinkles, fine lines, and sagging skin after about 2 weeks
3. Faster healing of acne
The blue rays are proven to kill acne-causing bacteria (up to 80% of them to be exact), which results with:
1. Speedy elimination of acne breakouts
2. Prevention of new acne breakouts
The strength of the light is the key to success.
The weaker (and less expensive) LED facial masks still work, but they require more time and patience before you see the results.
📢 In a hurry?
See our 6 top picks in the table below, or jump to our full reviews!
|Aduro LED Face Mask|
|Rating||Rating - 4.8|
Jump to full review
|Project E Beauty LED Face Mask|
Jump to review
|Project E Beauty Face & Neck|
Jump to Review
|Colors||Red & infrared|
Jump to review
|Carer LED Face Mask|
Jump to review
|Angel Kiss LED mask|
Jump to review
Do LED Light Masks Work?
Both red LED light therapy and blue light therapy are scientifically proven to work.
Red light rays are proven to boost collagen production – responsible for the elasticity and firmness of your skin while promoting faster skin healing.
Blue light rays are proven to destroy acne-causing bacteria which results with a significant reduction in acne lesions, blackheads and whiteheads (without antibiotics).
Through my personal experience, I can tell you that YES, LED facial masks WORK.
But not in a flash.
When Can I Expect Results?
You’ll see some results (such as radiant, glowing skin) immediately after the first treatment.
For wrinkle reduction, toned skin, brightened skin and acne prevention you’ll have to be consistent with your home treatment and you’ll see noticeable results in 4-6 weeks.
Worth it, isn’t it?
Celebrity expert esthetician Shani Darden promises immediate results after a 20 minute home treatment and recommends repeating treatment 3 times a week for long-lasting results.
👉 See 3 more proven skin benefits of red light therapy – including CELLULITE
And now, let’s see the results of my extensive research. Here are the Top 3 LED Face masks in 2019:
✅ The 6 Best LED Light Therapy Face Masks (2019 Reviews)
According to some certified aestheticians, the best LED facial mask is the Korean Deesse Premium LED Mask (also recommended by celebrity esthetician Shani Darden), which rings in at $1,800.
✅ When we check this page on Amazon, we often find great sale prices (sometimes more than 50%). If you find it for less than $500 – it’s a great deal.
Since most of us can’t afford this price, I’ve found the 6 best alternatives, for a lower price.
These LED face mask kits are just as effective but may require a bit more “work” before you see the results.
1. Aduro LED Mask (Our Top Pick for 2019)
The Aduro 7+1 LED facial mask kit has 4 unique qualities which make it one of the best LED light therapy treatments on the market.
(📢 If you decide to purchase through the link above – use our exclusive coupon code Meital04 – to get $20 OFF!)
- It is flexible and lightweight – it is made with medical silicone and not hard plastic (like most masks) that can be heavy on your face and uncomfortable.
- 11 different treatments in one device – It has a pre-programming feature for specific skin problems – you can choose from 11 different treatments on the mask’s controller (for example – wrinkle reducer/acne-buster/red away/pain blocker/skin balancer/quick fix and more!). This saves a lot of time and confusion about the right colors treatment time you need.
- It’s the only mask that includes infrared (invisible) wavelength – which penetrates deeper into the skin for boosted healing and pain relief.
- 100% portable – It has a rechargeable battery, which lasts for 4 X 20 minutes treatment sessions. You can move around and do whatever you like during treatment. The head straps will keep it on your face.
The 11 wavelengths are red, blue, green, light green, light orange, light blue, purple, light red, purple-blue, Turquoise-blue and infrared.
Here’s me with my mask:
Aduro LED mask Price
This one is more expensive than the other masks on this list, but we think it’s well worth the price.
How to use the Aduro 7+1 LED Mask:
Start on a clean face by removing any traces of makeup and dirt from your skin. Next, select your preferred treatment and put on protective eyewear.
Then, sit back and relax while enjoying your 20 minutes treatment. The mask will shut off automatically.
📢 Attention – LED Face Mask Before and After
We tried the Aduro LED Mask for 30 days – click the link to see before and after pictures and our review.
2. Project E Beauty LED Photon Therapy 7-Color Treatment Facial Mask
The Project E Beauty 3-color LED face mask (red, blue & green) can heal your acne, brighten your skin and reduce wrinkles and fine lines – according to your choice of color.
- The red light rays (630 nm) boost blood circulation and promote collagen production to reduce and prevent wrinkles, tone your skin and make it radiant and glowing.
- The blue rays (415 nm) destroy acne-causing bacteria, minimize pores and heal acne.
- The green light (525 nm) lightens and calms the skin.
Plus it has more colors – cyan, purple, yellow and white.
This facial mask is not limited to 30 treatments and can be used for years.
The Project E Beauty LED facial kit includes:
- A white face mask
- A remote control (with 5 intensity settings, color choice, and timer)
- USB cable
- A head bandage to fit the mask on the face
- A relaxing after-treatment gel
- A full English manual.
Number of LEDs: 149 total
Weight: 1.1 kg
Voltage: 110V-220V, 60 Hz/50 Hz (fit for use around the world)
Warranty: 1 year, 30-day money-back guarantee.
How to use: 2-3 treatments a week for 10 minutes each color.
And then reduce to 1-2 treatments a week once the results are shown.
Start slow, with low settings and work your way up.
Note: at a higher power setting, the lights are brighter and hotter.
Project E light therapy mask Pros
- Very easy to assemble and use
- Pleasant relaxing warmth
- It has eye slots with protection already built around them so you don’t have to close your eyes during treatment.
- Makes skin radiant, toned and smooth, pores reduced, prevents acne altogether if used regularly.
- It may feel heavy, especially on the nose
- Using the head bandage can make it feel too tight
3. Best LED Mask for Face & Neck – New Project E Beauty 7 Colors LED Mask
The New Project E Beauty LED mask covers both your face and your neck in one treatment, is wireless (completely portable) and weighs 50% less than the first one.
The facial mask weight is only 0.3 kg, and the neck mask is only 0.1 kg.
The 7 colors are:
- Red – 630nm
- Blue – 415nm
- Green – 525nm
- Cyan – 490nm
- Yellow – 590nm
- Purple – 390nm
👉 Number of LEDs: 102 LEDs (Facial Mask), 40 LEDs (Neck Mask)
👉 Treatment time (for each color) – 10-15 minutes
If you want to treat your neck – this is the best one (through our research).
4. ECO FACE Near-infrared LED Photon Mask
We love the Eco Face LED Photon mask because it has BOTH the red wavelength (630nm) and the near-infrared wavelength (830nm) – in a total of 120 LEDs – optimal for skin anti-aging treatments.
Near-infrared light penetrates deeper than the red light into the skin layers.
(On the other hand, it doesn’t have any other colors).
This one a rechargeable and portable LED facial mask, made with eco-friendly plastic (no PBA) and with high reviews on Amazon.
This face mask is can mainly help with reducing melanin and red spots, wrinkle reduction, tightening sagging eyes, improving skin vitality and glow, and increase skin moisture.
👉 Treatment time – 15 – 20 minutes – 4-5 times a week
The Eco Face kit includes:
- Led face mask
- Mask charging socket
- 2 eye gel pads
- 2 headbands
- Once the mask is charged, it’s completely portable and you can walk around freely during treatment
- Fit for all skin types and skin tones
- Battery life is about 2 years, depending on how much you use the mask (can be replaced for $25). And the LED lights last 20,000 hours.
- 1-year warranty
- Good customer service
- Made in South Korea
- Doesn’t fit for acne treatments, only acne-scars (no blue light).
- Price is higher than average.
5. Carer 7 Color LED Mask Photon Therapy Facial Mask
The Carer 7-Color LED mask has red (650-730nm) rays for anti-aging, blue (430-450nm) rays for acne healing & prevention and green (525-550nm) rays for lightening the skin (including scars).
- Number of LEDs: 173
- Weight: 1.3 kg
- Voltage: 110V-240V
- Warranty: unspecified.
The Carer LED face mask kit includes:
- LED beauty mask
- 110V-240V adapter
- Control unit (with color choice and timer)
- Head bandage
- English manual
How to use it: Clean and dry your face and put the LED mask on. We recommend lying down and lifting your chin a bit so it won’t put a lot of pressure on your nose.
Choose a color and start gradually. Work your way up to no more than 20 minutes.
Carer light therapy face mask Pros
- Unlimited uses
- Helps mostly with acne, pigmentation and large pores
- Easy to use
- May feel a bit heavy on your face. I recommend using while lying down.
- Does not have eye protection, use with eyes closed.
6. Angel Kiss LED Photon Therapy Facial Beauty Mask
The Angel Kiss LED face mask is the least expensive one of these three best LED face masks, yet made to last at least 3 years.
It includes red (650nm), blue (463nm) and green (527 nm) light rays, and promotes wrinkle reduction, reduced pores, toned and smooth skin, skin brightening, and acne healing.
👉 2019 update: The Angel Kiss Mask is now offering 7 colors!
After treatment, your skin looks vibrant and radiant.
- Number of LEDs: 150
- Weight: 1.3 kg
- Voltage: 110V-240V adapter
- Warranty: 1 year
- LED Beauty Mask
- 110v-240v Adapter
- Control Unit (for color choice, intensity setting, and timer)
- Head Bandage
- English Manual
How to use: start with the default setting, which is 3. Do 4-5 treatments a week for 15-20 minutes with each color. Reduce to 1-2 treatments once you see the results.
What I liked about the Angel Kiss LED mask:
- Easy to use
- Unlimited use
- The timer is set to 5-minute increments
- The price
- Recommended to use with eyes closed
LED Facial Masks Side Effects
First, you should know that color therapy LED face masks are not painful at all. The treatment actually feels like a nice peaceful nap for your face. They feel warm and relaxing, and there will no side effects if you don’t overdo it.
The lights are very bright. I wouldn’t turn it over when it’s on and look directly at the lights, without safety goggles.
Make sure to use them with your eyes closed and consider covering your eyes first with a dark piece of cloth.
Now that I’ve done the research for you (and me…), you can safely join Emma Stone, Kate Hudson, and Kelly Rowland and enjoy the amazing benefits of LED face masks – at home.
(If you don’t mind looking like a space alien and being laughed at by your family, that is)
📢Our top pick for 2019 is the Aduro LED Mask. It’s comfortable, has a unique pre-programming feature for every skin condition, it included IR therapy and is 100% portable.
LED face masks are all the rage nowadays, and for good reasons:
1. They cover your entire face in one treatment
2. The treatment is painless, non-invasive and requires no downtime.
3. They include both anti-aging rays and acne-fighting light
4. They are hands-free operated, and you don’t have to move the LEDs over your face manually.
5. They are easy to use and can last for years with proper care.
👉 Also, you can check out my full comparison between the top 9 red LED light therapy home devices – HERE.
What about you? Have you tried LED light masks? Do you have any other questions or comments?
I hope you found my Led face masks reviews helpful.
To your health and happiness,