In this long-researched post, you’ll find my new and updated LED light therapy home devices (for the skin) comparison and reviews.
The popularity of red light therapy home devices is still on the rise, especially due to their being so cost-effective.
If you’re confused about which red LED light therapy device is the best one for you – you’ve come to the right place.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
In the comparison table below you’ll find the unique features of each home device, and below it, you’ll find all the features, plus the pros & cons of each device.
This will help you decide in minutes, without doing the tedious research for each product yourself.
(👉 See the proven benefits of red light therapy for wrinkles and other skin conditions.)
Ready to start your at-home red LED facials?
Table of Contents
- What Does Red LED Light Therapy Do to Your Skin?
- The Best Red Led Light Therapy Home Devices (Reviewed)
- 1. Aduro Australia – Best Value LED Mask
- 2. Platinum LED Therapy Lights – Highest Strength
- 3. Project E Beauty- Best Budget LED Mask
- 4. Clerel Skin Advanced Best with Massage
- 5. dpl IIa Professional Panel System
- 6. RejuvaliteMD by TrophySkin Best Table-Top
- 7. Amazing2015 Red Light Therapy Dome (with Infrared)
- 8. TrueLight™ Energy Square Best Small LED Therapy Panel
- How Often Can You Use Red Light Therapy?
- How Do You Prepare Your Skin for Red Light Therapy?
What Does Red LED Light Therapy Do to Your Skin?
Red light therapy is proven to regenerate skin cells, improve micro blood circulation, increase oxygen content in the blood, improve skin healing from wounds, boost collagen and elastin production (and thus reduce fine lines and wrinkles), improve skin tone and plumpness, and more.
👉 So, what can you use red light therapy devices for?
- Wrinkles, fine lines, sagging skin, dull skin, skin redness
- Acne blemishes, acne scars (skin repair), Rosacea
- Eczema, Psoriasis
- Wound healing
- Broken capillaries
The Best Red Led Light Therapy Home Devices (Reviewed)
If you’re in a hurry, here’s a 2022 updated LED light therapy products comparison. Below you’ll find my full reviews for each device and some awesome coupon codes! 😍
|Led Light Therapy Device||Bottom Line||Features||Price|
|Current Body LED Mask||Celebrity Favorite||Red & Infrared||✅ $399 at Current Body
Use coupon code at the site!
|Aduro LED Face Mask||Best Value LED Mask||8 colors + infrared|
|✅ $365 with coupon code MEITAL20
at Aduro Australia
|Platinum LED Therapy Lights||Highest Strength||5 wavelengths|
(red & near-infrared)
|✅ $569 at Platinum LED
Save 5% with coupon code MEITAL
|Clerel Handheld LED Device||Best Handheld with Massage||Red & Infrared|
|✅ $480 at the official site
Save $80 with coupon code CLE80
|Revive dpl IIa||Best Table-Top||Red & Infrared|
|✅ $399 at Revive|
|True Light Energy Square||Best Small LED Therapy Panel||Red, Infrared & Yellow|
|✅ $249 at True Dark|
And now, see my reviews and pros & cons for each at-home LED light therapy device:
1. Aduro Australia – Best Value LED Mask
- Wavelengths – 800-825nm/630-633nm/415nm/505-555nm/590 nm/590nm/600nm/470nm
- Intensity – 18WM/cm2
The Aduro LED light therapy mask has 8 colors, 11 pre-programmed treatments[ (no need to overthink the colors you need), has infrared light, and is made with comfortable silicone instead of the heavy plastic most LED masks are made with.
If an LED mask is what you want, we highly recommend the Aduro LED mask (full review at the link) I tried it (and still use it!), see my results below:
2. Platinum LED Therapy Lights – Highest Strength
- Wavelengths – 660 nm/630 nm/810 nm/830 nm/850 nm
- Intensity – 129 mw/cm2
The Platinum LED Therapy Lights body panel is a larger device, with 200 LEDs, made to cover more than just your face and neck – with 5 wavelengths (red & near-infrared) – and the highest irradiance on the market.
EMF radiation is close to zero, there’s no flicker or noise, and you get a 60-day money-back guarantee to try it at home.
These LED panels are the latest trend in the bio-hacking world and are being used for anti-aging, pain, inflammation, eczema & psoriasis, injury recovery, muscle performance, immunity, and more.
👉 We’ve compared 2 leading brands of LED light therapy devices – Platinum LED Light Therapy vs. Red Light Rising!
3. Project E Beauty- Best Budget LED Mask
Use coupon code MEITAL05 to get 5% off – on the official site!
- Wavelengths – 415nm/630nm/525nm/490nm/590nm/390nm/white (mix)
- Intensity – 29.8mW/cmw
The Project E Beauty LED Face mask was the first LED mask I purchased, and I use it to this day (though less than my favorite one – listed above).
With 7 colors to choose from, a wireless model, and a model with a neck attachment, its price just can’t be beaten. It’s the best starter LED mask, to help you figure out if the red LED light therapy works on your skin.
- 7 color therapy lights
- Large treatment area, covers the entire face
- Hands-free treatment
- Lights are timed automatically, so once the 15-minute session is over, the lights will turn off and you can remove the mask.
- A bit heavy on the nose
4. Clerel Skin Advanced Best with Massage
👉 See my full review for the best handheld LED light therapy device!
The new Clerel red & infrared light therapy & micro-vibration LED light therapy machine is our top pick for handheld red LED devices because it combines:
- Red LED light therapy
- Infrared light therapy (soothing, deep penetrating heat)
- Micro vibration massage
All of them maximize the blood circulation-boosting effect – to the max.
Micro vibration massage, along with the red light wavelength and the infrared heat wavelength – double the anti-aging benefits of a regular red LED light therapy device.
- Wavelengths – 633nm/830nm
You can use it not only for wrinkle reduction, skin smoothness, and pore reduction – but as a cellulite massager as well.
Plus, is super pleasant to use, and I’ve used it even to relieve a tension headache – without pills.
The price is relatively high, but the device is well built, simple to use, and very effective.
👉 Plus, you can use our special coupon code – CLE80 – to get an $80 discount – on this site!
If you won’t like it, the company offers a 30-day return period and a 3-year warranty.
Skintific vs. Clerel Led Light Therapy
The Skintific is a similar-looking handheld LED light therapy device that is getting a lot of hype lately, so we wanted to find out why. Looking at the features of the Skintific, we found no reason for the hype.
Similar to the Clerel, the Skintific uses LED light therapy bulbs hiding behind a sterling silver plate, delivering to deliver light therapy wavelengths. You can choose from 2 types of devices – a “regular strength”‘ or the “max strength”. The max model offers 5 more wavelengths (including infrared at 850 nm), while the regular strength offers only red light (660 nm).
The number of LEDs and their output is not mentioned anywhere on the site, and the device lacks the unique feature of the Clerel – the micro-vibration massage. Also, it is not FDA-cleared.
While the regular strength Skintific costs less than the Clerel, and comes with the brand’s serum, it only delivers red light therapy and no massage. The Max model is much pricier than the Clerel, and may only be worth it for treating acne as well as anti-aging.
5. dpl IIa Professional Panel System
- Wavelengths – 660nm/880nm
The DPL IIa Professional light therapy system covers your entire face and neck in one treatment and combines red and infrared rays for skin rejuvenation and healing.
It is comfortable to use as a tabletop device, but the panels are detachable and can be pointed anywhere in your body (for example, to treat stretch marks and cellulite).
Revive Light Therapy is a well-known and trusted brand for many years, and all its devices are FDA-cleared.
DPL II Light Therapy pros
- Large treatment area – covers the entire face
- Hands-free treatment
- Removable panels
- Short treatment time (9-15 minutes)
- Auto shut-off, no need to watch the time
- Red & infrared – can be used for pain relief too
- Not fit for travel
- No multitasking during treatment
✅ Price – $399 at Revive Light Therapy
6. RejuvaliteMD by TrophySkin Best Table-Top
- Wavelengths – 660nm/590nm/630nm/880nm
The Rejuvalite LED panel (with a flexible arm and a sturdy base) includes 120 LEDs and requires only 5 minutes of daily treatment to improve the elasticity and firmness of your skin, brighten it, reduce fine lines, reverse sun damage and heal inflammation in your skin.
The FDA-cleared Rejuvalite comes with 4 wavelengths: Red, yellow, amber, and infrared – a great combination for both skin anti-aging and skin healing.
The panel is detachable, and when you purchase from the official site, you’ll get protective goggles as well!
- FDA cleared
- 90 degrees tilt
- It covers a large treatment area, many LEDs (powerful)
- Detachable panel
- 60-day money-back guarantee
- Goggles are too small for some people
✅ Price – $199 at Trophy Skin
7. Amazing2015 Red Light Therapy Dome (with Infrared)
The Amazong2015 professional red LED light therapy dome comes with 4 different wavelengths and 1032 LEDs!
Here are the wavelengths:
- Red Light – 640nm – wrinkles reduction, anti-aging, scar healing, psoriasis, and eczema relief
- Blue light – 423nm – acne-causing bacteria destruction, cystic acne, skin inflammation prevention, skin purifying
- Yellow – 583nm – pigmentation reduction, improving skin softness
- Infrared – 880nm – pain relief, heat treatment
The dome structure of this device makes it very easy and comfortable to use (but adds to the price…) and you can choose to use only one color or combine two colors in one (30-minute) treatment.
Amazing2015 Dome Pros
- Automatic shut off (beeps when treatment time ends)
- A professional device with 1032 LEDs
- Easy to set up and use
- High ratings on Amazon
- It can be used for hair growth as well!
- Comes with safety goggles
- No money-back-guarantee trial (but can be returned if you buy through Amazon)
- Pulse mode is not recommended, users state that this hurts the eyes, even with the goggles on.
✅ Price – check today’s price on Amazon
8. TrueLight™ Energy Square Best Small LED Therapy Panel
The TrueLight Energy Square by True Dark is the one of best small-size LED light therapy panels (for the money), and is especially helpful for collagen production, wrinkle reduction, scar elimination, muscle and tissue recovery, and reducing rosacea and skin irritation.
In one session you can cover your entire face, neck, and chest area!
The True Light has 4 different types of LED therapy lights (wavelengths):
- Two different wavelengths of Red for Rejuvenation (660nm & 630nm)
- Near-Infrared for Strengthening and pain relief (850 nm)
- Yellow for Skin Preparation (580 nm)
You can choose to use red only/red+yellow or yellow only.
It’s lightweight and portable and covers a lot of skin area due to its large size, and emits no EMF!
Plus, you can choose from two lightning modes – steady or pulsating.
- Wavelengths – 630nm/660nm/580nm/850nm
- Intensity -10mw/cm2 at 4” to 6”
👉 Treatment time: 20 minutes, 3-4 times a week. For best results, use on bare skin, no more than 6-8 inches away from the treatment area. I recommend using with your eyes closed, or with safety goggles.
The company offers excellent customer service and a 1-year warranty.
✅ Price – $249 at True Dark
How Often Can You Use Red Light Therapy?
Each device comes with its own clear instructions to get the best results. Generally, we would recommend using red light therapy 4-5 times a week, starting with 15 minutes treatments (for LED masks and tabletop devices) or 3 minutes per facial area for handheld red light machines.
While everyone reacts differently, You’ll probably see results after 8-12 weeks.
After you see skin rejuvenation improvement, you can reduce weekly treatment to 1-2 per week.
How Do You Prepare Your Skin for Red Light Therapy?
Always use red light therapy (phototherapy) home devices on clean skin (preferably after a gentle exfoliation) – remove any makeup, serums, or moisturizes completely.
This is because they can interfere with light penetration into your skin. Make sure to not use any skincare that may cause skin sensitivity to light (like retinol) before treatment.
You can use your regular skincare after treatment as normal.
👉 See more red light therapy frequently asked questions!
I hope my research has helped you choose the best and the right red LED light home device for you, and please let me know if there are any more questions you have – in the comments below.
To your health and happiness,
Avci P, Gupta A, Sadasivam M, et al. Low-level laser (light) therapy (LLLT) in skin: stimulating, healing, restoring. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2013;32(1):41-52.
Wunsch A, Matuschka K. A controlled trial to determine the efficacy of red and near-infrared light treatment in patient satisfaction, reduction of fine lines, wrinkles, skin roughness, and intradermal collagen density increase. Photomed Laser Surg. 2014;32(2):93-100. doi:10.1089/pho.2013.3616
Barolet D. Light-emitting diodes (LEDs) in dermatology. Semin Cutan Med Surg. 2008;27(4):227-238. doi:10.1016/j.sder.2008.08.003