Infrared knee heating wraps are specifically designed for the curvy shape of your knee while emitting deep-penetrating infrared heat all the way to your muscles, bones, and nerves.
When you combine the benefit of design (which allows for wrapping around your knees) with the superior (and safer) infrared heat therapy – you’ve got the best natural method to relieve and heal knee pain – at home.
- 1 ✅ The 4 BEST Infrared Knee Heating Wraps & Pads
- 2 The 4 Best Infrared knee Heating Pads Comparison
- 3 Is it Better to Heat or Ice an Arthritic Knee?
Why Use INFRARED Knee Wraps?
Knee infrared heating pads can be very helpful for:
- Knee Arthritis
- Knee injury
- Knee fracture
- Torn Meniscus
- Knee Bursitis
- Patellar tendonitis
- Iliotibial band syndrome
- Knee surgery recovery
Reusable Infrared knee heating pads stimulate the local blood circulation in your knee, encourage healing, relax muscles supporting your knee, increase your range of motion and relieve muscle spasms and pain associated with any of the conditions above.
Need proof? Here’s one clinical study
✅ The 4 BEST Infrared Knee Heating Wraps & Pads
Through our research, here are the 4 best infrared heating pads, plus reviews and comparison:
1. Arris Knee Brace Wrap with Infrared Heat – Best for Arthritic Knee
The Arris knee heated brace and wrap uses a larger than average powerful battery (7.4V) and offers 3 heat levels (red/white/blue – 45℃- 55 – 65℃) on its controller.
The Arris automatically stops heating once it gets overheated with its thermal protection safety feature, and heats up very quickly (in 1-3 minutes).
👉 When fully charged (with its USB cable) it supports 1 hour working in high temperature, 2 hours in medium and 3 hours on the lowest setting.
Arris Knee Heat Wrap Pros
- Large wrap that fits all sizes yet doesn’t slide off when using it – even while walking or jogging
- Industrial strength velcro to hold the wrap in place
- Works as a brace alone as well – without the heat
- Recharges in 2 hours
- 30-day money-back guarantee on Amazon
- May not fit people with total knee replacement
2. DPL FlexPad Pain Relief System
The DPL FlexPad is a highly flexible and comfortable near-infrared (880 nm infrared & 660 red) LED knee pain pad, which is easy to use and heats up fast.
It has 40 infrared (880 nm) LEDs and 20 red (660nm) LEDs.
You can wrap it around your aching knee and secure it with the adjustable Velcro straps.
It comes with a USB power cord, AC adapter, and full (simple) instructions.
Size: 11.2 x 8 x 2 inches
Treatment area size: 8″ x 5
Weight: 14.1 ounces
DPL FlexPad Pros:
- Treats the entire knee in one treatment
- Treatment time: 20 relaxing minutes
- Requires no set up once out of the box
- Pleasant warmth, not too hot
- The USB charger cord is 34 inches
- Good customer service
- A bit pricey
- No timer or auto shut off, you’ll have to watch the time to avoid overdoing it.
3. 🥇 TherMedic PW150L FIR Heating Pad
The Thermedic multi-function infrared heating pad (made in Taiwan) is a breathable and ergonomic brace you can use on your knee or any other curvy part of your body – including your ankle.
It emits infrared heat via a carbon fabric element
It has 3-temperature settings and 30 minutes auto shut off for safety and has a CE and FDA certification.
And, an affordable price.
Treatment area: 8 x 5 inches
Weight: 15.5 ounces
Temperature: Low Heat 45~50ºC / Medium Heat 50~55ºC / High Heat 55~60ºC
Minimum and maximum knee measurements: 13 inches to 16 inches
Thermedic heating pad Pros:
- Claims extremely low ELF (electromagnetic wave)
- Stays in place and warms up quickly (pleasant heat)
- Comes with a handy travel bag
- Has Velcro straps
- A Fair price tag
- Some users feel that it doesn’t get hot enough.
4. HealthyLine Tourmaline Stones Negative Ions/FIR/Far-infrared Knee Pad
The HealthyLine infrared knee pad is a unique and high-quality knee wrap. It comes as a set of two wrap-pads connected with a wire. This means that you can use it on both knees (if necessary) – at the same time!
This knee infrared heating pad does not use LED to emit infrared heat, but natural Tourmaline stones.
It comes with an LED controller and is very easy to use.
Size: each pad is 25″ x 13″ x 1.2″
Weight: 4.8 lbs in total
HealthyLine knee heating pad Pros
- Can be used for both knees simultaneously, reduced treatment time
- FDA, FCC, and CE certified
- LED controller with a timer and auto shut off
- Has negative ions (for a relaxing experience)
- Can get very hot – I recommend using it on medium heat or add a small towel between the pad and your knee if you are using in the highest setting
- American based company with good customer service
- Somewhat pricey
The 4 Best Infrared knee Heating Pads Comparison
You’ve just found the top 4 FIR heating wraps for knee pain in 2019. For your convenience, here’s a comparison:
|Arris KneeBrace withHeat||Carbon fiber||4.8|
👉 Still not sure? see the 3 undeniable reasons to use IR therapy for pain relief.
Is it Better to Heat or Ice an Arthritic Knee?
Knee cold packs are best to use on acute injuries when your knee is highly inflamed, swelling and painful.
When the pain and swelling ease up a bit, it’s best to use heat (thermotherapy) to relax the muscles supporting the joints, reduce stiffness and increase blood flow to promote healing.
To your health and happiness,