Red light therapy wraps, belts, and pads are versatile devices that can be applied to any part of your body, even those with curves like knees, shoulders, and legs.
Red light therapy equipment delivers red light energy with exceptional efficiency, boosting the healing power of your body.
Red light therapy pads are lightweight, thin, and comfortable, but most importantly – allow for direct contact with the skin.
In this post, you’ll find the benefits of LED light therapy wraps, how to choose the best pads/wraps/belts, and my top 5 choices – reviewed and compared.
👉 In a hurry? see our short comparison table, followed by our full reviews:
|Red Light Therapy Wrap||Review||LEDs||Treatment Area||Price|
|USUIE Red Light Therapy Wrap||Best Budget||80 LEDs (dual-chips)||Up to 43" circumference||✅ $72 on Amazon|
|Novaa Light Pad||Best for Pain Relief||120 LEDS |
Red & Near infrared
|9" x 16"||✅ $269 with code MEITAL at NovaaLab
|DNA Vibe Jazz Band||Most Versatile|
With magnetic frequencies
|28 LEDs |
Red & infrared
|5" x 11"||✅ $279 at DNA Vibe|
|Cameco LED Foot Wrap||Best for the Feet|
(with 3 straps)
Red & near-infrared
6 treatment modes
|9" x 14"||✅ $149 on Amazon
(Use coupon code under price)
|LifePro AllevaRed||Largest Pad|
Best for back pain
Red & near-infrared
|Covers 49.6” × 6.9”||✅ $189 at LifePro
No ads, reader-supported: This post may contain affiliate links, at no extra cost to you.
- Benefits of Red Light Therapy Wraps & Pads
- How to Choose a Red Light Therapy Pad/Wrap/Belt
- The 8 Best Red Light Therapy Pads, Wraps, and Belts
- 1. USUIE Red Light Therapy Belt – Best Budget
- 2. DGYAO Red Light Therapy Belt – Low Heat
- 3. LifePro AllevaRed Belt – Largest Red Light Wrap
- 4. Exerscribe Red Light Therapy Wrap – Highest Intensity
- 5. dpl Flex Pad – Best Cordless
- 6. DNA Vibe – With Vibration & Magnetic Frequencies
- 7. CAMECO Red & Infrared Light Therapy – Best for Foot Pain
- 8. NOVAA Light Pad – Best for Pain Relief
- Is a Red Light Therapy Pad Safe?
- How Often Can You Use Red Light Therapy Wraps?
- Can Red Light Therapy Penetrate Through Clothes?
- How Deep Does Red Light Therapy Penetrate?
Benefits of Red Light Therapy Wraps & Pads
Red LED light therapy (LLLT) has been successfully used for decades for skin rejuvenation, skin healing, and regeneration, (wound healing/Psoriasis & Eczema, etc.) pain relief (arthritis/muscle pain), muscle recovery, belly fat reduction, neuropathy, and more.
There are many types of red light therapy home devices:
Handheld, panels, massagers, lamps, and red light therapy mats (for full body coverage!).
So, what’s special about red light therapy wraps?
Red light therapy wraps are convenient to use, because they are lightweight, thin, and can be wrapped around any part of your body – even those hard-to-reach places such as the shoulders, or the knees.
Compared to infrared heating pads, LED light therapy pads produce less heat (different lightwaves) and can be used directly on the skin – compared to LED panels (that require at least a 12″ distance).
This direct contact with the skin requires less irradiance (measured in milliwatts per centimeter squared) and LED bulbs – which lowers the cost of these devices.
(But still – LED panels are more powerful than LED wraps)
Can Red Light Therapy Help with Pain and Inflammation?
We all know that Red light is a stop sign on the road, but science has proven that red light is also a stop sign for pain and inflammation in the body.
Red light is a component of white light and can trigger a physiological response in living tissue through photobiomodulation.
Many studies have shown that red and near-infrared light therapy devices are highly effective for pain relief, weight loss, skin rejuvenation, and more.
Can Red Light Therapy Reduce Belly Fat?
Some studies have suggested that red light therapy may help to reduce body fat and improve body composition by increasing the metabolism of fat cells.
For example, one double-blind study of 67 people showed that those who received 6 red light therapy treatments for 2 weeks lost significantly more collective inches from their abdomen, hips, and thighs (3.5 inches) — than the control group.
However, other studies have failed to find significant benefits of red light therapy for weight loss.
For belly fat reduction and calorie burning, I recommend using an Infrared Sauna for weight loss (see why inside the post).
Can You Use a Red Light Therapy Wrap for Fat Loss?
Yes, red and infrared light therapy is scientifically proven to melt and eliminate white fat cells in the body, which is why many people use LED wraps over their stomachs, thighs, and other areas.
It is often used for cellulite and stretch marks as well.
I recommend using a higher-strength LED wrap (also called a “Lipo Belt”) for fat loss, such as the excellent NuShape Lipo Wrap because it has 600 LED bulbs (about 3 times more than the average wrap), and delivers two infrared wavelengths – that “poke holes” in the fat cells (lipolysis of fat cells), allowing the fat to leak out.
👉 In my post about how to use red light therapy for cellulite I explain the science behind red light therapy for fat loss – check it out!
How to Choose a Red Light Therapy Pad/Wrap/Belt
The most important factors when choosing an LED light therapy wrap are the number of LEDs, intensity (power), EMF radiation, size, weight, and the pad material. Here’s what we mean:
1. Size & Treatment Area – The treatment area of the LED wrap is the area where the LED bulbs are, and you have to make sure it is large enough for your specific needs.
For example, for low back pain relief (or belly fat reduction), you’ll need a larger wrap, to cover the entire low back or entire belly.
For shoulder pain or knee pain – a smaller wrap will suffice.
2. Intensity – measured in mW/cm^2 (milliwatts per centimeter squared), intensity is determined by the number of LEDs and their energy delivery. The more LEDs, the more power, and the more effective your treatment will be.
3. Wavelength – most LED wraps deliver red light wavelengths ranging from 660 nm to 880 nm (near-infrared) – the most efficient wavelengths according to studies.
4. EMF Radiation – We all know that EMF radiation, emitted by all electric devices, can be harmful to our bodies. The best LED wraps include EMF shielding, to reduce it to a minimum. Here’s why it’s best to avoid EMF.
5. Price – the cost of red light therapy wraps depends on their brand reputation, number of LEDs and intensity, size, and quality. On this list, you’ll find wraps ranging from $149 to $169.
The 8 Best Red Light Therapy Pads, Wraps, and Belts
Here are our top 8 choices, reviewed:
1. USUIE Red Light Therapy Belt – Best Budget
Other than its larger-than-average size (up to 43″ circumference), and the red and infrared wavelengths it emits (660nm & 850nm), the USUIE LED wrap has 5 unique qualities that no other LED wrap has:
- It has 2 pulsating modes (10 Hz/40 Hz), that are better for wound healing and fat loss – out of 3 treatments modes
- It has 5 heat levels (35 C – 44 C) you can select from the controller
- It comes with multiple powering options: an adapter cord (for outlet use) and a USB cable for a power bank
- Below average price – under $70!
- It’s the #1 best seller on Amazon for the light therapy products category
The dual-chip technology allows you to get both the red & infrared wavelengths at the same time, and it is large enough to wrap around the abdomen (for fat loss – use the pulsating mode), legs, back, and arms.
The light can relieve pain, reduce inflammation, promote tissue repair, and improve circulation. Many athletes use it for sports injury recovery.
It’s lightweight (0.74 pounds), flexible, and comfortable, and you can move around with it – if you use it through a power bank with the USB cable you get inside the package.
For a price of less than $100, this is one of the best LED wraps you can find.
USUIE LED Wrap Pros
- Versatile strength (heat) levels and pulsating modes – unique
- Lightweight, comfortable, and flexible
- Large enough for large body areas, including the abdomen
- Comes with 2 powering options
- Lower-than-average price
- May not be powerful enough for optimal fat reduction (compared to the NuShape Lipo Wrap)
- Not cordless
✅ Available on Amazon ($72)
2. DGYAO Red Light Therapy Belt – Low Heat
DGYAO is an experienced manufacturer of LED light therapy devices and specializes in flexible wraps and torches.
The DGYAO LED light therapy belt is larger than average (11” x 5.5” treatment area), and includes 117 LEDs (alternating between 660 nm and infrared at 880 nm).
The near-infrared LEDs emit deep penetrating light and are invisible to the human eyes, and reach all the way to inner tissues, including muscles, ligaments, and nerves.
The large treatment area makes it useful for low back pain treatment, belly fat reduction, and any curvy area that requires wrapping (neuropathy hand pain, foot pain, etc.)
It comes with 2 Velcro straps to keep it in place.
The intensity of their belt averages at about 10-14 mW/cm^2 (relatively low) which is sufficient since you can have direct contact with the skin, and it is the coolest LED pad on this list.
The 20-minute auto shut-off will prevent overuse and keep you safe if you fall asleep on it.
However, the EMF radiation from their 12v adapter is high. To prevent this, you can use this low-EMF 12v adapter instead – for almost zero EMF radiation.
Unfortunately, this will increase the price of your purchase.
Also, note that the LEDs can get pretty hot – remove the pad from your skin when it feels too hot!
- High user satisfaction and great results with pain from neuropathy, muscle pain, arthritis, injuries, and more
- Heat feels deep-penetrating
- 2 velcro straps allow use on any body part
- Not a good fit for travel due to the power cords set (3 separate cords to make it run)
✅ Available on Amazon ($99 with coupon code under the price)
3. LifePro AllevaRed Belt – Largest Red Light Wrap
The AllevaRed comes from the reliable LifePro brand (we’ve reviewed their infrared massage gun), and is so lightweight (1.2 lbs.) you can take it in your handbag.
It has the largest treatment area of all the ones on this list (49.6” L × 6.9” W), which makes it most suitable for lower back pain relief, hip pain, leg pain, and the stomach area.
Regardless of its size, the AllevaRed emits close to zero EMF radiation, and you can use the controller to choose the wavelength, and choose from 5 intensity settings.
Just like the previous devices, it includes two LED settings – red light at 660nm, and near-infrared LEDs at 850nm (the highest setting can reach up to 132 F!).
It works only by being plugged in, but you can charge at any power source since it comes with a USB cable and a power adapter.
Looking through the many consumer reviews, we found many people using the LifePro AllevaRed for workout recovery, muscle and joint pain relief, skin rejuvenation (including cellulite and stretch marks), and belly fat loss – with great results.
- Consumers report great help with pain relief and stopping chiro treatments
- Easy to use on different areas with different modes
- Relaxing heat
- The Velcro at the end of the belt catches on everything
4. Exerscribe Red Light Therapy Wrap – Highest Intensity
The Exerscribe light therapy pad (660nm & 880nm) has a 16″x 8″ treatment area and includes 120 pcs 660nm/880nm chips, but you can choose to only use red/infrared mode.
It is the most powerful red light therapy pad on this list, with 150 Mw/cm² at direct contact (0 inches).
Along with its good size, this pad is ideal for long-lasting pain relief anywhere in your body.
The smart feature inside this one is definitely the dual-chip technology – each LED chip emits both red and infrared wavelengths – which makes treatment more efficient and holistic.
This pad does not emit any EMF and doesn’t flicker, and it automatically shuts off after 20 minutes.
You can use it up to twice a day.
It is lightweight and convenient and can be plugged into a power source or connected to a power bank (which is not included).
- Great results with arthritis pain, swelling reduction, muscle soreness, and more
- Can be used with a battery pack (not included)
- The lights are warm but not too warm
- Some buyers complained that the wrap stopped working after a while, or that the IR lights did not work
✅ Available on Amazon ($150 with coupon code under the price)
5. dpl Flex Pad – Best Cordless
While it is smaller than most pads (8” x 3.5” treatment area), the dpl flex pad makes up for the small treatment size with high power output (15-25 Joules per cm²), a built-in low EMF battery, and full portability.
It takes 2-4 hours to charge this fully portable and lightweight pad, and then you can wrap it around your aching area and move around comfortably. This makes it the best choice for travel.
It includes 60 medical-grade infrared lights (880nm) – which penetrate deep into the tissues, boost blood circulation, and stimulate cell healing and regeneration. It alternates with red lights (660 nm) as well.
This size and power are best for small curvy areas such as the knees, elbows, ankles, feet, etc.
Bottom line – the dpl flex pad is a powerful, targeted, portable, and easy-to-use LED light therapy wrap.
- Rechargeable and portable
- Well-known and experienced brand, with good customer service
- Users report great results with inflammation reduction and injury recovery
- A relatively small treatment size and fewer LEDs – won’t be enough for large body parts
- Not very flexible
✅ Available at dpl Light Therapy ($159 with free shipping)
👉 dpl Light Therapy also makes a red light therapy joint wrap, which is featured on our best elbow heating pads guide!
6. DNA Vibe – With Vibration & Magnetic Frequencies
We are really excited about the DNA Vibe Red Light Therapy Pads for several reasons:
- Their 3 models of red light therapy pads are the only ones with up to 4 settings of red light therapy (650-675 nm) combined with deep-penetrating infrared rays (825-850 nm), magnetic frequencies (6-10 Hz) and micro-vibration (225 HZ).
- Their geometry design is computer-optimized to fit comfortably across the widest range of areas (back, neck, knees, ankles, elbows, wrists, etc.)
- They are the only ones made in the USA
- They have 3 powering options that cover just about anything – a wall plug with a 10-foot cord for unlimited power, a power kit (sold separately) that includes a car plug to use while driving, and a powerpack that turns it 100% portable!
The company calls it intelligent light therapy, and I agree.
The Live and Vibe models have personalized controls and four soothing modes that work in perfect harmony using red light, near-infrared, magnetic signals, and micro-vibrations.
The result is reduced pain, accelerated recovery, and improved performance.
Treatment time is 20-30 minutes daily for at least 12-14 days for best results.
I know many athletes who are already using it and are very happy with it, and we are truly impressed with this new technology.
The 3 models are:
1. The Jazz Band Light – with 2 modes – red and infrared
2. The Jazz Band Live – with 4 modes – red, infrared, magnetic, and micro-vibration (best value)
3. The Jazz Band Vibe – with 4 modes and an integrated app
Jazz Band Live Pros
- Includes all 4 therapies – red & infrared, magnetic, and vibration massage
- Comes with short and long bands to fit everyone
- Comes with a pouch for taking it with you
- Portable and wearable
- Power output optimizes to minimum output (2 watts)
- The car plug and power pack sold separately
- More expensive than the average
- Can break if bent too sharply
Here’s how to apply the Jazz Band over different parts of your body:
7. CAMECO Red & Infrared Light Therapy – Best for Foot Pain
The special design of the Cameco Wrap allows you to use this red & infrared LED light therapy light comfortably wrapped around your foot, which is perfect for people suffering from peripheral neuropathy, blood circulation problems, diabetes, and foot injuries.
It has the same red & infrared wavelengths as all the other wraps on this list, but it has 6 treatment modes – each offering a different combo of wavelengths – all of them can be used in a pulsing mode.
The simple controller allows you to set your treatment mode, temperature, and time, and the wrap-around design makes it easy to cover the entire foot including the ankle.
It is not completely portable since it has to be plugged into a power source to operate, but you have 2 powering options: an AC plug, and a USB cable to use with a power bank.
Cameco Wrap Pros
- Highly versatile treatments, with pulsing modes
- Best for foot pain, numbness, and injuries
- Temperature control
- Seller replaces the wrap if it fails – even after the trial period
- The design is somewhat fragile, you have to use it on a flat surface to prevent damage to the LEDs
✅ Available on Amazon ($149 with coupon code under the price)
8. NOVAA Light Pad – Best for Pain Relief
The Novaa Light Pad is manufactured by the well-known Novaalab company, which makes a few more red light therapy products – all for targeting pain all over your body.
All of their devices (including the oral care device that we plan to try and review) are FDA-cleared (class II), and their confidence in their products is evident by their 60-day money-back guarantee and free replacements for up to 2 years.
This lightweight pad, which comes with a strap so you can wrap it around any part of your body, comes with 2 distinct wavelengths of both red and infrared light, 650m (red) and 850 nm (infrared).
The red light is ideal for skin care, healing wounds, and aches and pains in tissues near the skin.
There are bells and whistles, and dozens of programs to choose from.
You just wrap it around your pain area, and turn it on. It will shut off after 20 minutes automatically, and that is all the treatment time it requires daily.
The infrared light penetrates deeper and engages in more deep healing and repair, including nerve pain, joint pain, muscle repair, and mood enhancement.
The 2-year warranty you get on the website includes free replacements and excellent customer service.
- Excellent customer service, return policy, and warranty at the official site
- High strength wrap
- More than 94% success rate (for pain relief), according to users
- XL strap – allows you to wrap large areas of your body
- Simple and easy to use
- Pricier than average
- No pulsing light
✅ Avaialbe at Novaalab ($269 with coupon code MEITAL)
Is a Red Light Therapy Pad Safe?
Yes, red light therapy is safe and side-effect-free, as long as you follow instructions, do not overuse (more than 20 minutes twice a day), and remove it from your skin if it gets too hot to be comfortable.
👉 See more questions about red light therapy – answered
How Often Can You Use Red Light Therapy Wraps?
Generally, you can use red light therapy pads 2-3 times a day for 20 minutes each time.
However, LED wraps differ in strength and intensity so it is important to follow the manufacturer’s instructions.
Can Red Light Therapy Penetrate Through Clothes?
Yes, red light therapy can penetrate through clothes.
However, it can be used directly on bare skin, and the closer it is to your skin the better the light penetration and treatment results.
How Deep Does Red Light Therapy Penetrate?
According to studies, red light with a wavelength of 660 nm can penetrate tissues up to 50 mm thick with an irradiance of 100 mW/cm2.
Deeper penetration requires a high increase in irradiance.
The penetration of red light is affected by tissue thickness, irradiance, and relative bone/muscle composition.
It is also decreased in males and with greater tissue thickness.
To your health and happiness,
Roche GC, Shanks S, Jackson RF, Holsey LJ. Low-Level Laser Therapy for Reducing the Hip, Waist, and Upper Abdomen Circumference of Individuals with Obesity. Photomed Laser Surg. 2017 Mar;35(3):142-149.
Croghan IT, Hurt RT, Schroeder DR, Fokken SC, Jensen MD, Clark MM, Ebbert JO. Low-level laser therapy for weight reduction: a randomized pilot study. Lasers Med Sci. 2020 Apr;35(3):663-675. Epub 2019 Aug 31.
Ablon G. Phototherapy with Light Emitting Diodes: Treating a Broad Range of Medical and Aesthetic Conditions in Dermatology. J Clin Aesthet Dermatol. 2018;11(2):21-27.
Hamblin MR. Mechanisms and applications of the anti-inflammatory effects of photobiomodulation. AIMS Biophys. 2017;4(3):337-361. doi: 10.3934/biophy.2017.3.337. Epub 2017 May 19.
Jackson RF, Dedo DD, Roche GC, Turok DI, Maloney RJ. Low-level laser therapy as a non-invasive approach for body contouring: a randomized, controlled study. Lasers Surg Med. 2009 Dec;41(10):799-809. doi: 10.1002/lsm.20855. PMID: 20014253.