Though mostly small and lightweight, the infrared massager is available in many types and sizes and can become your best friend if you need to relieve muscle pain, boost blood circulation and even reduce cellulite – anywhere in your body.
Because Infrared heat can double the pain-relieving and blood-circulation-boosting ability of any electric body massager.
Don’t settle on a regular massager when you can use the healing power of infrared heat to supercharge muscle pain relief, boost blood circulation, and even reduce cellulite.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
But now you want to know:
- What to look for when you buy an infrared electric massager?
- How hot does it get?
- How many massage heads and extra features do I need?
- What is the best infrared heat massager for you?
Table of Contents
- 1 The 5 Best Infrared Body Massagers
- 1.1 1. Snailax Cordless (Portable) Infrared Body Massager Best Vibration
- 1.2 2. LifePro Infrared Therapy Massage gun Best Value
- 1.3 3. Mo Cuishle Deep Tissue Percussion Infrared Massager Best Grip
- 1.4 4. Snailax Foot Massager Best Foot Massager
- 1.5 5. Naipo Handheld Massager Double Head Percussion Massager
- 1.6 6. Homedics Infrared Massagers
- 2 Infrared Massager Benefits
- 3 How to Use an Infrared Massager
- 4 Infrared Massager Side Effects
The 5 Best Infrared Body Massagers
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top choices compared. Under it, you’ll find why we chose these, and detailed infrared massager reviews for each one.
heats to 130 F
|$49 down to $37
with coupon code MEITAL35 - at Snailax
|LifePro Fusion X|
Infrared Massage Gun
Infrared Therapy Massage Gun
4 modes, 5 speed-levels
|$170 down to $153
with coupon code MEITALJAMES -
|Mo Cuishle||Best Grip||Percussion |
Many speed settings
|Check price on Amazon|
2 speed settings
Heats to 113 F
|Check price on Amazon|
4 speed settings
|Check price on Amazon|
|Best Foot Massager||Shiatsu |
|$145 down to $109 with coupon code MEITAL35 - at Snailax|
Here’s what I looked for when I researched the best infrared body massager:
1. It is lightweight. If you plan to use it by yourself, you don’t want your massager to be too heavy to hold for more than a minute.
2. It is reliable and high quality, so it won’t break down after a few weeks.
3. It has a long electric cord. You don’t want your movement to be limited.
4. It has a relatively big handle so you can use it comfortably.
5. It has different intensity levels so you can find the best one for you
Through my 10-hour research (I wanted one for myself), these are the 6 best infrared massagers in 2021 and my infrared body massager reviews:
1. Snailax Cordless (Portable) Infrared Body Massager Best Vibration
The Snailax infrared body massager is 100% portable (just recharge and take anywhere with you), it’s powerful enough even on a low setting, it has variable speed settings and 4 attachments – one allows you to use deep massage acupressure points.
And of course – it includes an infrared heat feature (After 15 minutes using, it will be up to 130℉).
It’s highly versatile – comes with 4 interchangeable massage heads, 3 automatic massage modes, and 3 adjustable speed settings.
We found this one to be one of the best infrared body massagers for pain relief and cellulite reduction – because it’s powerful yet gentle enough to treat cellulite areas in your body.
👉 See proof that infrared massage reduces fat cells!
- Size: 15*5.5*3.7 inches
- Weight: 1.8 pounds
- Power: 100-240V input voltage for the charging adapter.
- Power Cord: 6.5ft
- Can be used in the go – The battery can last for 80 minutes on a full charge!
- Sturdy, well-built
- Powerful – applies enough pressure even on the low setting
- Comfortable grip
- Quiet – makes a low humming sound
- 2-year warranty
✅ Snailax Infrared Massager price – Use coupon code MEITAL35 to get 25% off the price on the official site!
2. LifePro Infrared Therapy Massage gun Best Value
The LifePro Fusion FX Infrared Therapy Massage Gun is a powerful percussion massager with a heated tip , that boosts your blood circulation even more – to alleviate chronic pain, quickly relieve DOMS, and faster injury recovery.
The intense heated percussion massage is delivered through a heated ceramic head and can be replaced with non-heated heads that come with it – if you wish.
Compared to the more expensive Tim Tam massager, this one comes with up to 3,200 RPMs (compared to the TimTam’s 2,800 RPMs) and costs about $200 less.
The 5 interchangeable heads allow you to change the type of massage, and you further adjust with 4 massage programs and 5 speed levels.
The LifePro Infrared therapy massager battery lasts for 5 hours on a single charge , and the lifetime warranty protects your investment.
LifePro Fusion FX Heated Therapy Massager Pros
- A heated ceramic head (can be removed and changed to other heads) delivers heat into your muscles
- Powerful percussion massage
- Highly adjustable (massage type, modes, and speed levels)
- Long-lasting battery
- Budget-friendly massage gun
- 30-day money-back guarantee
✅ LifePro massage gun cost – save 10% with our coupon code MEITALJAMES – on the official site!
- Shorter stroke length (10mm) may be limiting for some athletes
3. Mo Cuishle Deep Tissue Percussion Infrared Massager Best Grip
This handheld Infrared lightweight massager has a powerful motor and a wide range of speed levels you can choose from.
It has a long, anti-slip handle that is comfortable to use when you glide it over your aching muscles or cellulite areas – without any massaging oils.
The massage heads are made of silicone and the shell is made of ABS, which is high quality and environmentally friendly.
You can use it with or without the infrared heat, but I recommend always using heat.
- Weight: 2.4 pounds
- Voltage: AC110V
- Power: 28w
- Cord Length: 2 meters
- Includes infrared massage therapy
- Easy to use, massager slides on the skin without massage oils (but can be used with them – if they are not alcohol-based
- 3-year warranty and 90 days money-back guarantee!
- Good customer service
- Can be used on any muscle in your body, and reaches everywhere
- Designed to slide along the back, avoiding the spine.
- Reasonable price (check today’s price )
- Heart patients and pregnant women are advised to not use it
- Could be a little heavy for some people
- You can’t use the added attachments when you use the heat feature
4. Snailax Foot Massager Best Foot Massager
The Snailax infrared foot massager is made for foot pain relief, achy feet, and total relaxing after a day’s work .
Heated Shiatsu or vibrating foot massagers can be the best natural solution for Plantar Fasciitis (heel pain), neuropathy, running recovery, flat feet, Varicose Veins, and more.
The Snailax infrared massager offers shiatsu massage and air compression with 3 massage modes and 3 pressure levels, so it’s fully adjustable for anyone up to US men size 12.
5. Naipo Handheld Massager Double Head Percussion Massager
The Naipo double head percussion muscle massager is a powerful heated massager (pulses at up to 3,400 times per minute) and comes with 3 different massage heads, and 2 variable speed settings you can choose from.
One massage node is great for trigger points and acupressure. The round-shaped nodes make the best fit when you use the heating option. The heat range is 95°F – 113°F.
Note that you can’t use this massager directly on your skin, only with clothes on.
- Size: 13.8 x 5.9 x 4.1 inches
- Weight: 1.98 lbs
- Power: 110-120V
- Lightweight (0.9 kg)
- Easy to grip and reach everywhere – long, anti-slip handle
- Versatile – you can use for deep kneading or a lighter massage
✅ Naipo Infrared massager Price – Check today’s price on Amazon!cons
- You can’t use the heat without using the massage attachments
- Can’t be used on the skin directly
6. Homedics Infrared Massagers
Homedics has 2 infrared hand massagers we recommend:
HoMedics Percussion Action Massager with Heat
Lightweight and portable, this Homedics infrared heated percussion massager weighs about 2.4 lbs and comes with 2 sets of massage nodes and a control.
It has 4 speed settings and 2 sets of attachments.
However, the heat feature works best without the massage nodes, when the red light is exposed.
- Size: 17.1 x 5.9 x 5.5 inches
- Weight: 2.48 lbs
- Power: 120 V
✅ Homedics Infrared Massager Price – best price is on Amazon!
Related Article: Homedics Foot Massager Reviews
HoMedics WV-100H Therapist Select Massager with Heat
This one is a professional vibrating infrared massager used by therapists. It comes with 4 pairs of treatment heads, variable speed control, and a 16-foot power cord (all body areas can be reached!)
However, the price is also very “professional” 😉
Infrared Massager Benefits
Combining massage therapy with infrared therapy applied on an injured area in your body immediately increases blood flow and permeability (which leads to faster recovery), penetrates deeper into the tissues, relaxes tight muscles, reduces stress, eliminates toxins, reduces cellulite (by destroying white fat cells), and speeds up healing.
(See list of studies at the end of the post)
How to Use an Infrared Massager
First, make sure that the massager is switched off when you plug it in. Choose your preferred treatment head. Switch the device on, set the desired massage speed, and whether you want the heat on or off. Use both your hands to guide the massager to any area on your body (excluding your face and scalp).
You can stand, sit, or lie down, or massage another person.
Massage intensity can be changed depending on how hard you press it against your skin. I recommend massaging each area for no more than 3-4 minutes.
Infrared Massager Side Effects
The most important warning regarding infrared heat massagers is for diabetics. Diabetics cannot use these massagers because due to nerve damage they cannot feel how hot the massager gets and can burn their skin unknowingly.
Otherwise, if you take a few minutes to figure out the right massage head and the right speed level, you’re not supposed to experience any side effects other than pain relief, muscle relief, and stress relief.
Can you use a heated massager during pregnancy?
You can not use an infrared massager on your back or stomach when you are pregnant, because the electric impulses can stimulate uterus contraction and can cause premature labor. However, you can safely use it on your legs or arms – at a low speed and gently.
I hope this little guide was helpful and saved you some time. If you have any questions please use the comment section, or message me on my Facebook Page – I answer every one.
To your health and happiness,
Are you aware of the powerful massage & infrared heat combo for cellulite reduction?
Tsai SR, Hamblin MR. Biological effects and medical applications of infrared radiation. J Photochem Photobiol B. 2017;170:197-207. doi:10.1016/j.jphotobiol.2017.04.014
Romero C, Caballero N, Herrero M, Ruíz R, Sadick NS, Trelles MA. Effects of cellulite treatment with RF, IR light, mechanical massage and suction treating one buttock with the contralateral as a control. J Cosmet Laser Ther. 2008 Dec;10(4):193-201. doi: 10.1080/14764170802524403. PMID: 18991154.
Do-Won Kim, Dae Woon Lee, Joergen Schreiber, Chang-Hwan Im, Hansung Kim, “Integrative Evaluation of Automated Massage Combined with Thermotherapy: Physical, Physiological, and Psychological Viewpoints”, BioMed Research International, vol. 2016, Article ID 2826905, 8 pages, 2016. https://doi.org/10.1155/2016/2826905