Though mostly small and lightweight, the infrared massager is available in many types and sizes and can become your best friend if you need to relieve muscle pain, boost blood circulation and even reduce cellulite -anywhere in your body.
Don’t settle on a regular massager when you can use the healing power of infrared heat to supercharge muscle pain relief, boost blood circulation and even reduce cellulite.
But now you want to know:
- What to look for when you buy an infrared electric massager?
- How hot does it get?
- How many massage heads and extra features do I need?
- What is the best infrared massager for you?
- 1 The 4 Best Infrared Body Massagers
- 2 How to Use an Infrared Massager
- 3 Infrared Body Massagers Side Effects
The 4 Best Infrared Body Massagers
If you’re in a hurry, here are our top choices below. Under it, you’ll find why we chose these, and detailed reviews for each one. 😍
heats to 130 F
|Mo Cuishle||4.7||Percussion |
Many speed settings
2 speed settings
Heats to 113 F
4 speed settings
Here’s what I looked for when I researched the best infrared body massager:
1. It is lightweight. If you plan to use it by yourself, you don’t want your massager to be too heavy to hold for more than a minute.
2. It is reliable and high quality, so it won’t break down after a few weeks.
3. It has a long electric cord. You don’t want your movement to be limited.
4. It has a relatively big handle so you can use it comfortably.
5. It has different intensity levels so you can find the best one for you
If you need an infrared FOOT massager – make sure to see our 2020 research results and the 5 BEST shiatsu foot massagers (with heat)- for heel aches and pains, Neuropathy, diabetes, flat feet, varicose veins and more!
Through my 10-hour research (I wanted one for myself), these are the 4 best infrared massagers in 2020 and my infrared body massager reviews:
1. Mo Cuishle Deep Tissue Percussion Infrared Massager
This handheld Infrared lightweight massager has a powerful motor and a wide range of speed levels you can choose from.
It has a long, anti-slip angle that is comfortable to use when you glide it over your aching muscles or cellulite areas – without any massaging oils.
The massage heads are made of silicone and the shell is made of ABS, which is high quality and environmentally friendly.
You can use with or without the infrared heat, but I recommend always using heat.
Massager size and weight: 17.5 x 5 x 4.4 inches ; 2.4 pounds
Cord Length: 2 metersMo Cuishle infrared massager pros
- Includes infrared massage therapy
- Easy to use, massager slides on the skin without massage oils (but can be used with them – if they are not alcohol-based
- 3-year warranty and 90 days money-back guarantee!
- Good customer service
- Can be used on any muscle in your body, and reaches everywhere
- Designed to slide along the back, avoiding the spine.
- Reasonable price (check today’s price )
- Heart patients and pregnant women are advised to not use it
- Could be a little heavy for some people
2.🥇 Snailax Cordless (Portable) Infrared Body Massager
This infrared body massager is our #1 choice for 2020, and here’s why:
It’s 100% portable (just recharge and take anywhere with you), it’s powerful enough even on a low setting, it has variable speed settings and 4 attachments – one allows you to use deep massage acupressure points.
And of course – it includes an infrared heat feature (After 15 minutes using, it will be up to 130℉).
It’s highly versatile – comes with 4 interchangeable massage heads, 3 automatic massage modes, and 3 adjustable speed settings.
We found this one to be the best infrared body massager for pain relief and fat reduction – because it’s powerful yet gentle enough to treat cellulite areas in your body.
👉 See proof that infrared massage reduces fat cells!
Size: 15*5.5*3.7 inches
Weight: 1.8 pounds
Power: 100-240V input voltage for the charging adapter.
Power Cord: 6.5ftSnailax IR massager Pros
- Can be used in the go – The battery can last for 80 minutes on a full charge!
- Sturdy, well-built
- Powerful – applies enough pressure even on the low setting
- Comfortable grip
- Quiet – makes a low humming sound
- 2-year warranty
- You can’t use the added attachments when you use the heat feature
3. Homedics Infrared Massagers
Homedics has 2 infrared hand massagers we recommend:
HoMedics Percussion Action Massager with Heat
Lightweight and portable, this Homedics infrared heated percussion massager weighs about 2.4 lbs and comes with 2 sets of massage nodes and a control.
It has 4 speed settings and 2 sets of attachments.
However, the heat feature works best without the massage nodes, when the red light is exposed.
Size: 17.1 x 5.9 x 5.5 inches
Weight: 2.48 lbs
Power: 120 V
HoMedics WV-100H Therapist Select Massager with Heat
This one is a professional vibrating infrared massager used by therapists. It comes with 4 pairs of treatment heads, variable speed control and a 16-foot power cord (all body areas can be reached!)
However, the price is also very “professional” 😉
4. Naipo Handheld Massager Double Head Percussion Massager
The Naipo double head percussion massager is a powerful heated massager (pulses at up to 3,400 times per minute) and comes with 3 different massage heads, and 2 variable speed settings you can choose from.
One massage node is great for trigger points and acupressure. The round-shaped nodes make the best fit when you use the heating option. The heat range is 95°F – 113°F.
Note that you can’t use this massager directly on your skin, only with clothes on.
Size: 13.8 x 5.9 x 4.1 inches
Weight: 1.98 lbs
Power: 110-120VNaipo Percussion massager pros
- Lightweight (0.9 kg)
- Easy to grip and reach everywhere – long, anti-slip handle
- Versatile – you can use for deep kneading or a lighter massage
- You can’t use the heat without using the massage attachments
- Can’t be used on the skin directly
How to Use an Infrared Massager
First, make sure that the massager is switched off when you plug it in. Choose your preferred treatment head.
Switch the device on, set the desired massage speed and whether you want the heat on or off.
Use both your hands to guide the massager to any area on your body (excluding your face and scalp). You can stand, sit or lie down, or massage another person.
Massage intensity can be changed depending on how hard you press it against your skin. I recommend massaging each area for no more than 3-4 minutes.
Infrared Body Massagers Side Effects
The most important warning regarding infrared heat massagers is for diabetics.
Diabetics cannot use these massagers because due to nerve damage they cannot feel how hot the massager gets and can burn their skin unknowingly.
Otherwise, if you take a few minutes to figure out the right massage head and the right speed level, you’re not supposed to experience any side effects other than pain relief, muscle relief, and stress relief.
Can you use a heated massager during pregnancy?
Well, not if you use it on your back. The electric impulses can stimulate uterus contraction and can cause premature labor.
I hope this little guide was helpful and saved you some time. If you have any questions please use the comment section, I answer everyone and everything.
To your health and happiness,
Are you aware of the powerful massage & infrared heat combo for cellulite reduction?