$2000 vs. $300.
That’s the price difference between most LED face masks on the market and the Deesse Pro LED mask.
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
We are huge fans of LED face masks, and use them regularly with great results (see our Project E Beauty LED Mask trial).
With a price difference so staggering, it’s hard not to wonder what could warrant a roughly 2,000% increase in cost from one LED mask to the next.
Wouldn’t you like to know?
Table of Contents
The Deesse Pro LED Mask – Overview
When the buzzing trend of LED light therapy masks began, the Deesse Korean LED mask was everywhere.
Pictures of celebrities and A-listers wearing the mask at clinics or at home popped like mushrooms after the rain – all over social media.
Stars like Jessica Alba, Kim Kardashian, and Kate Hudson claimed it to be their favorite tool to keep their skin smooth and flawless, while their expert aesthetician explained how red light therapy promotes collagen and elastin production – naturally.
At the same time, Deesse kept releasing newer and more advanced LED masks, ending with the new pro next-generation version.
What’s so special about it? why does it cost like a 30-day vacation in a 5-star hotel in Thailand?
Deesse LED mask Main Features
The Deesse professional phototherapy mask includes 770 LEDs (154 bulbs for each color) that deliver low-level laser light in 4 different colors and 6 treatment modes, and claims to improve:
- fine lines and wrinkles
Here are the 6 treatment modes it offers:
- Red – for collagen and elastin production, which firms and plumps the skin and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
- Supercharged red – 10-minute express anti-aging treatment.
- Blue – for destroying acne-causing bacteria and treat blemishes breakouts.
- Green – to treat hyperpigmentation and lighten the skin, which improves overall complexion.
- Blue & green – calms irritated and sensitive skin.
- Infrared – boosts skin healing and supercharges blood flow and ATP production and can be used after skin procedures.
You can also choose from two intensity settings.
The Deesse comes with a control box, a power cord, and protective goggles.
Deesse LED Mask Treatment Time
After cleaning your skin (which is mandatory before every red light facial), you put on your goggles, choose a treatment mode in the control box, and use it for 20 – 30 minutes.
After treatment, use your regular skincare products, and never use the mask after applying retinol or AHA product.
You can use it daily except for the blue light, which is recommended only once a week (we don’t know why… blue light is considered safe 3-4 times a week to treat acne).
Deesse Pro LED Mask VS Competing LED Masks
Generally, all LED masks are built and work in the same way.
- A certain number of LEDs are attached to a facial mask (made with either plastic or silicone – like the Aduro LED mask) and emit light rays in different colors and wavelengths.
- Some masks offer 3 lights; others offer 7-8 colors. Some include the infrared wavelength (which is proven to boost skin healing and relieve pain), and some don’t.
- Some LED facial kits have programmable treatment modes, that combine two or more colors, and most offer just one light wavelength per treatment.
The 2 main differences between the Deesse and the other consumer-grade LED masks are:
- The Deesse has 770 LEDs, while the others have between 120-200 LEDs. The more LEDs you have, the more powerful the treatment.
- The Deesse offers 6-8 modes of treatments, while most LED masks offer only 1-color modes and no combined lights. This means that you’ll need more treatment time if you want to use, for example, the red light for anti-aging and then the green light to calm the skin.
Otherwise, there are NO other significant differences.
As we mentioned in the beginning, we have two LED masks – the Project E beauty one and the Aduro LED mask.
Furthermore, the Aduro LED mask, which has 198 LEDs and costs only $349 – is made with silicone instead of the regular hard and uncomfortable plastic that the Deesse is made with.
(Comfort is very important to be able to stick with the treatments and keep your results!)
👉 Plus, the Aduro LED mask has 8 different color wavelengths (including infrared!) and 11 pre-programmed treatments you can conveniently choose from with the remote.
So, what’s our conclusion?
Is the Deesse LED Mask Worth its High Price?
While the Deesse seems to be the most powerful LED light mask (thanks to the 770 LEDs inside), we think that if you are just trying your first LED facial at home – the Deesse is not the right choice. Deesse does not (and cannot) guarantee that you’ll get results, and how good those results will be, and we haven’t found a way to return the mask if it doesn’t work for you.
That means that you may throw $2000 – straight into the trash.
Plus, it’s not a comfortable mask because it’s made with rigid plastic and can feel heavy on your nose and face, which may compromise the chances of you sticking with the treatment.
(We know about more than a few people that quit using a LED mask just because it’s uncomfortable).
While the lower costs ones do have fewer LEDs, we tried 2 of them and got some amazing results.
If this is your first time purchasing an LED facial mask, we recommend starting with the $100 – $300 lower-cost LED masks and upgrading to the Dessee – only if you see that it works for you.
Nobody should go broke trying to chase the light-therapy dragon, nor should you assume that just because Jessica Alba swears by a fancy LED mask, it’ll give you glowing Hollywood skin, too
That’s our honest opinion.
Any questions or comments? Use the comments below or message us directly on our Facebook page.
To your health and happiness,