Finding the best 2 person infrared sauna is not an easy task, though it’s one of the best things you’ll ever do for your health.
(you can see why in my post – 9 Incredible Far Infrared Sauna Benefits & Results, including fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, cellulite, pain relief, and more!)
The staggering amount of health and beauty benefits of infrared saunas can literally make your jaw drop.
And, a two-person sauna is big enough for two people, yet small enough to fit an average room.
But now you want to know:
This post contains affiliate links. Click here to read my affiliate policy.
We’ve researched long and hard to find the answer, and you’ll find it here: Reviews and ratings for the 4 best 2-person infrared saunas in the market.
Table of Contents
- 1 2-Person Infrared Saunas Comparison
- 2 The 4 Best 2-Person Infrared Saunas (Reviews)
- 3 Our Top Pick
- 4 3 Important Factors When Buying an Infrared Sauna
- 5 Far Infrared Sauna FAQ
2-Person Infrared Saunas Comparison
If you’re in a hurry, here’s a short and sweet comparison between the 4 models. Below each table, you can jump to our infrared saunas reviews, including pros & cons.
Best Infrared Saunas Comparison
See more details plus pros and cons – below.
|Price||Best Price on Wayfair|
|Price||Best price HERE|
|Size||46″ x 40″ x 75″|
|JNH Lifestyles MG215HB|
|Price||Best price on Wayfair|
|Size||47.3" x 75" x 39.5"|
|Price||Check on Amazon|
And now, let’s get to the point.
The 4 Best 2-Person Infrared Saunas (Reviews)
It’s time to review our top 3 choices for home infrared saunas, for 2 people:
1. 🥇 Dynamic Santiago 2-person Low EMF Far Infrared Sauna
The Santiago Dynamic Sauna is the newest 2020 model of the well-known Dynamic Saunas brand and is quickly becoming very popular. Here’s why it’s our #1 pick for 2020:
We like that the Santiago is built with the environment-friendly reforested Canadian Hemlock, which retains heat more efficiently, heats up faster, and so is energy efficient.
It has 7 low EMF infrared heating panels that operate at 8-12 microns and cover most of the saunas’ interior, and this allows the heat to flow evenly inside it.
Here’s what you get:
- 7 low EMF heating panels – 2 on the rear wall, 2 on each side wall, and 1 under the bench
- LED control panel – with temperature and time settings
- Reading light
- Music System MP3 aux connection and dynamic speaker with pre-amp (no radio included)
- Tempered glass door
- Chromotherapy lights
- Roof vent
- A front wall with clear stationary tempered glass
- 1 seating bench
- Reflexology foot heaters (nice!)
Dimensions – 6′ 3” H x 3′ 4” W x 3′ 10” D
Electrical service: 120V/15amp
Temperature – maximum 145F – ideal operating temperature between 120F to 130F
Sauna weight – 270 pounds
Dynamic Santiago FIR Sauna Pros
- Relatively low price (we found the lowest price on Wayfair
- Environment-friendly and energy-efficient sauna
- Easy to assemble – clasp together assembly (takes 45 – 60 minutes for 2 adults)
- Can be installed on a carpet and anywhere indoor
- You can listen to music inside it
- Chromotherapy LED lights
- Reflexology foot heaters
- Free shipping
- 5-year warranty
- ETL listed
- Maximum capacity is limited to 350 pounds
✅ Dynamic Santiago Best Price
The price on the official site is $1399, but we found it for $100 OFF on Wayfair
2. JNH Lifestyles 2 Person Far Infrared Sauna (7 Carbon Fiber Heaters)
The JNH 2 person sauna combines quality construction, efficient infrared carbon heaters, low EMF, good style, and a fair price-tag.
Here’s what you get:
- 7 low-EMF carbon far infrared heaters (2.0 mG)
- 15 amps (just like any household appliance)
- FSC certified Canadian Hemlock wood construction
- Dual wall construction
- Two premium speakers along with an amplifier via a 3.5mm auxiliary plug
- LED lighting
- Digital controller for temperature and treatment time
- Maximum temperature: 140 F
- No maximum weight limit for people using it
- No need to clean it
- 5-year warranty
Size: 47.3 x 75 x 39.5 inches
Door size: 65.0″ high and 23.5″ wide. Hinged on the right. The door will extend 23.5″ from the unit when the door is open at 90 degrees.
Weight: 250 pounds
- Easy to unload and assemble. Takes about 30 minutes once you finish unloading the parts.
- High infrared emission via carbon heaters, located in the back, side, and calf areas
- Made with “green” wood, no chemicals added. Canadian Hemlock is a good combination of strength and weight.
- UL Listed components and ETL Approved
- Has a digital controller for temperature
- Well insulated, keeps the heat inside and the cold outside
- All front is (safety) glass, you don’t feel stuck in a box
- Cost-efficient light bulbs
- Takes 10-15 minutes to reach 125 F. Pretty quick.
- You can listen to music while you’re in it
- You can install it on a carpet
- Customer support is top-notch
- Free shipping
- Fair price
- No backrests. However, you can easily get ones on Amazon.
- Assembly instruction could be clearer
👉 Need a more spacious infrared sauna? we found the 3 best 3-4 person infrared saunas – in 2020!
3. Radiant Saunas 2-Person Hemlock Infrared Sauna with 6 Carbon Heaters
The Radiant Saunas home infrared sauna is our #2 choice for the best home infrared sauna.
Made with solid Hemlock wood, this one has 6 carbon heaters, including a floor heater, and features 7 color therapy light. Plus, it is loaded with extras, as you’ll see below.
Size: 49″ W x 39″ D x 75″ H
Interior dimensions: 43″ W x 35″ D x 67″ H
Weight: 354 pounds
Here’s what you get:
- 6 low EMF (2.4mG) carbon far infrared heaters, including a floor heater
- Temperature operates up to 141 degrees F
- Power: 120v / 15amp
- Tinted tempered glass door
- LED control panels
- Buckle assembly
- 7-year warranty
- A towel hook
- A magazine rack
- 2 backrests
- electronic oxygen ionizer
- backed by CE, CETL, RoHS, and ISO 9001 certifications
- Plus: A stereo sound system with built-in speakers including radio, CD Player and AUX mp3 connection
Radiant Saunas Infrared Sauna Pros
- The oxygen ionizer purifies the air inside the sauna
- The tinted tempered glass makes it more stylish and you don’t feel trapped in a box
- It has adjustable roof vents that you can open to the outside air if you need some fresh air.
- Easy to unload and assemble with buckle construction
- LED controls can be used both inside and outside the sauna, you don’t have to get out to adjust the settings
- Uses a regular home outlet
- Interior light allows you to read while you relax in your sauna
- Made with solid “green” wood
- Can be installed over a carpet
- No weight limit
- Only a 1-year warranty for the radio
- You have to wear socks so you won’t burn your feet if you set the sauna to the highest temperature
4. Dynamic Saunas Barcelona 1-2 Person Far Infrared Sauna
The Dynamic Saunas Barcelona infrared sauna (6 carbon panels) is the least expensive one on our list.
If you find it on Amazon for less than $1000 – it’s a great deal. (See link above)
The Barcelona infrared sauna is built with reforested Canadian Hemlock wood is double paneled constructed with the thickest interior and exterior wood planks.
Size: 39.2 x 35.3 x 72.5 inches
Bench dimensions: 16×36 inches
Weight: 250 lbs
Here’s what you get:
- 6 low EMF Far Infrared carbon heating panels
- Includes a foot heater
- MP3 Auxiliary Connection
- Temperature up to 130 F (operates most effectively at 120 F)
- Soft-touch interior and exterior LED control panel
- Clear tempered glass doors
- Clasp together assembly
- Comes with a towel holder and magazine rack
Barcelona Sauna Pros
- It can be installed on a carpet and at any indoor location, including the basement, garage or walk-in closet.
- Easy assembly – takes 30-45 minutes.
- Every part is light enough to be carried by one person, except for the glass doors
- Low EMF – 2.3mG at 24cm distance
- Any phone, MP3 player with a 3.5mm port hooks to the speakers. It comes with the wire to attach your device to the speakers.
- It comes with a remote for the lights, the inside-outside control panel is very convenient.
- Some people would say that calling it a 2-person sauna would be a stretch. These two persons should really like each other to go in together.
- The foot heater does not get warm enough. However, sitting sideways on the bench takes care of that.
- EMF reading of this sauna is the highest one compared to the other two (when looking at all measurements)
Our Top Pick
You’ve just found the 4 best INDDOR home infrared saunas in the market with a fair price tag on all three.
(📢 If you’re interested in an OUTDOOR sauna – see our post about the only true weather-resistant FIR saunas.)
Our #1 choice is for a 2-person infrared sauna is the Dynamic Santiago FIR sauna. It’s built with high-quality materials, it has low EMF and infrared emission is high.
If you’re looking for the safest infrared sauna, with the lowest EMF reading, take a look at the JNH Lifestyle NE2HB1 ENSI No EMF Sauna.
The 2-person saunas are our favorite because you can use them with a friend or a loved one, while their size fits most average rooms. Plus, they’re more affordable than a larger sauna, yet offer the same health benefits.
👉 If you feel your budget can’t handle this type of investment right now, consider getting a portable infrared sauna instead.
3 Important Factors When Buying an Infrared Sauna
This is important:
An infrared sauna can be the ultimate health-promoting tool you’ll ever have, but only if you follow a few important quality and safety rules before you buy one.
For example, it has to be built with the right type of wood, and it has to be low EMF (electromagnetic field) radiation.
We’ll explain these examples and a few more important features below.
1. Low EMF radiation
Choosing a low EMF infrared sauna is the most critical factor for your safety.
A safe level of EMF is considered to be anything below 3.0mG.
Through our research, we’ve found that there’s no zero EMF infrared sauna out there, but as long as the levels are at the safe readings, the difference between 2.0mG and 0.05mG is not critical.
In 2020, the most popular home infrared saunas use carbon as a heating element, which is better than the Ceramic used in old saunas.
However, carbon inherently emits higher EMF.
The best far infrared sauna brands have reduced the EMF levels emitted from their carbon levels via protecting layers.
2. Infrared Heater Efficiency
The material construction of the infrared heaters inside the sauna determines the quality of heat reaching your body, and ultimately the quality of your infrared sauna.
Here are the 3 main types of infrared heaters:
- Ceramic – considered as the old infrared technology and have a small infrared emission surface and a shorter lifespan.
Many manufacturers still offer them because they are cheaper than large high-tech carbon heater panels.
- Carbon heater panels – considered the most advanced infrared therapy heating systems. They have a greater heat distribution potential. Plus, the surface temperature of carbon heaters is lower (about 150-170 degrees F).
With carbon heaters, you get an even, effective infrared wave exposure over your entire body, no matter where you position yourself in the sauna.
- Ceramic/carbon blend – the cost-effective best of both worlds solution. It combines low EMF (from ceramic), efficient infrared emission, and an affordable price.
3. Best Wood for Infrared Saunas
Here are the main types of wood used in home infrared saunas:
- Western red cedar – high quality, naturally durable, light, has a high resistance to decay and known for its pleasant aroma. The main benefits of cedar are its beauty and its durability (which is more important for an outdoor infrared sauna than an indoor one).
- Nordic spruce – European in origin, light in color, no-odor material, and has a slight resistance to decay.
- Canadian Hemlock – the least expensive one and requires mild treatment from time to time. However, its hypoallergenic properties, along with a good balance between weight and strength, make it a good choice for an infrared sauna.
Far Infrared Sauna FAQ
Here are a few common questions we get about using infrared home saunas:
As always, listen to your body and if at some point you feel uncomfortable – take a break for a few days.
And, hydrating like crazy is critical, because these treatments will make you sweat. A lot.
I hope you’ve found my research and conclusion helpful and time savings. Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns – in the comments below.
To your health and happiness,