Finding the best 2 person infrared sauna is not an easy task, though it’s one of the best things you can do for your health.
(You can see why in my post – 9 Incredible Far Infrared Sauna Benefits, including fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue, cellulite, pain relief, and more.)
The staggering amount of health and beauty benefits of infrared saunas can literally make your jaw drop.
And, a two-person sauna is big enough for two people, yet small enough to fit an average room.
Which is the best and safest & best 2-person infrared sauna – for the money?
We’ve researched long and hard to find the answer, and you’ll find it here – right now.
- 2-Person Infrared Saunas Reviews & Comparison
- What’s the Best Two-Person Infrared Sauna for Your Home?
- How to Choose a Home FIR Sauna
- How Much Does a 2-Person FIR Sauna Cost?
- How Much Electricity Does a 2-Person Infrared Sauna Use?
- How Frequently Can You Use an Infrared Sauna?
- How Long Should You Stay in an Infrared Sauna?
2-Person Infrared Saunas Reviews & Comparison
If you’re in a hurry, here’s a short comparison between our top picks.
Below the table, you’ll get can our full infrared sauna reviews.
Best Infrared Saunas Comparison
|Far Infrarerd Sauna||Review||Wood/Heaters||Price|
|HeatWave 2-Person Deluxe Infrared Sauna||Best Value for Money||Solid Hemlock|
6 carbon heaters
With floor heater
|✅ $2678 on Amazon|
|Dynamic Santiago 2-person Infrared Sauna||Eco-Friendly||reforested Canadian Hemlock|
7 carbon heaters
|✅ $2099 at Wayfair|
|Sun Home Equinox||🥇 Best Overall|
|✅ $6599 at Sun Home Saunas
|Dynamic Saunas Barcelona||Best Budget||Reforested Canadian Hemlock|
6 carbon heaters
|✅ $1900 at Walmart|
No ads, reader-supported: This post may contain affiliate links, at no extra cost to you.
👉 Can infrared saunas really help you burn calories, reduce belly fat and lose weight? The science-backed answer is inside our post about infrared saunas and weight loss
What’s the Best Two-Person Infrared Sauna for Your Home?
It’s time to review our top 5 choices for home infrared saunas – for 1-2 people:
1. HeatWave Hemlock Infrared Sauna Best Value
The Radiant Saunas (HeatWave) home infrared sauna is made with solid Hemlock wood, this one has 6 carbon heaters, including a floor heater, and 7 chromotherapy lights.
It heats up to 120 in about 30 minutes and then slowly goes up after that. In 1 hour it will reach 132 F.
It’s a solid build. Nice extra features with the radio, speakers, chromotherapy lights, and controls both on the outside and inside.
Plus, this model is loaded with extras, including a floor heater, and is approved by CE, CETL, RoHS, and ISO 9001 certifications.
The HeatWave infrared sauna is high quality, has great add-ons, smells great, has a low power consumption yet high infrared emission, and is easy to assemble.
- The oxygen ionizer purifies the air inside the sauna
- The tinted tempered glass makes it more stylish and you don’t feel trapped in a box
- It has adjustable roof vents that you can open to the outside air if you need some fresh air.
- Easy to unload and assemble with buckle construction
- LED controls can be used both inside and outside the sauna, you don’t have to get out to adjust the settings
- Uses a regular home outlet
- Interior light allows you to read while you relax in your sauna
- Made with solid “green” wood
- Can be installed over a carpet
- No weight limit
- Only a 1-year warranty for the radio
- You have to wear socks so you won’t burn your feet if you set the sauna to the highest temperature
✅ Available on Amazon ($2319)
2. Dynamic Santiago 2-person Far Infrared Sauna – Eco-Friendly
The Santiago Dynamic Sauna is the newest model of the well-known Dynamic Saunas brand and is quickly becoming very popular.
We like that the Santiago is built with the environment-friendly reforested Canadian Hemlock, which retains heat more efficiently, heats up faster, and so is energy efficient.
It has 7 low EMF infrared heating panels that operate at 8-12 microns and cover most of the saunas’ interior, and this allows the heat to flow evenly inside it.
Here’s what you get:
- 7 low EMF heating panels – 2 on the rear wall, 2 on each side wall, and 1 under the bench
- LED control panel – with temperature and time settings
- Reading light
- Music System MP3 aux connection and dynamic speaker with pre-amp (no radio included)
- Tempered glass door
- Chromotherapy lights
- Roof vent
- A front wall with clear stationery tempered glass
- 1 seating bench
- Reflexology foot heaters (nice!)
- Relatively low price (we found the lowest price at Wayfair)
- Environment-friendly and energy-efficient sauna
- Easy to assemble – clasp together assembly (takes 45 – 60 minutes for 2 adults)
- Can be installed on a carpet and anywhere indoor
- You can listen to music inside it
- A nice set of accessories
- 5-year warranty
- ETL listed
- Maximum capacity is limited to 350 pounds
✅ Available at Wayfair ($2099 with free shipping)
3. Dynamic Saunas Barcelona Infrared Sauna – Best Budget
The Dynamic Saunas Barcelona (with 6 carbon panels) is the least expensive one on our list.
It is built with reforested Canadian Hemlock wood and is double-paneled and constructed with the thickest interior and exterior wood planks.
It was the first we had seen at this very favorable price point, at a size that would fit easily in the house and does not need special wiring.
It uses a standard 120V/15 AMP outlet.
The company provides customers with a 5-year limited warranty.
We concluded that it’s high quality relative to its price.
Barcelona Sauna Pros
- It can be installed on a carpet and at any indoor location, including the basement, garage, or walk-in closet
- High-quality construction with durable timbers
- Easy assembly – takes 30-45 minutes.
- Every part is light enough to be carried by one person, except for the glass doors
- Stylish, traditional wood and glass design
- Low EMF – 2.3mG at a 24cm distance
- music system with Bluetooth capability and LED control panel
- Some people would say that calling it a 2-person sauna would be a stretch. These two people should really like each other to go in together.😉
- The foot heater does not get warm enough. However, sitting sideways on the bench takes care of that.
- EMF reading of this sauna is the highest one compared to the other ones (when looking at all measurements)
4. 🥇 Sun Home Equinox 2-Person Infrared Sauna – Best Overall
Voted the number one infrared sauna in 2023 by Sports Illustrated Magazine and the New York Post, The Sun Home Equinox is the highest-end and most luxurious infrared sauna you can find, and is a full spectrum sauna, which provides near, mid, and far infrared rays with all therapeutic benefits (deepest penetration).
The Equinox stands out due to its combination of advanced technologies, safety features, ease of use, comfort, and excellent customer service and warranty.
It is safer than average because it is designed to cancel out both ELF (extremely low frequency) and EMF (electromagnetic field) radiation, and it reaches a max heat of 165 degrees through the two heaters (500W) covered in celiant covers, and added halogen heaters.
Putting the Sun Home infrared sauna together is a breeze (tongue-in-groove boards) and you won’t need any power tools.
Built with eco-certified pine, the sauna has enough room for two people and is taller than average to allow taller people to feel comfortable inside.
The list of accessories is huge, including chromotherapy lights (for stress relief and skin benefits), a premium Bluetooth surround sound system with built-in speakers, Smartphone Control (through their app), and a charging and audio station.
All this is wrapped with a lifetime warranty and a 30-day risk-free trial, to show their confidence in the sauna.
- Full spectrum sauna with low EMF – deepest penetration to treat your body holistically
- Excellent build and craftsmanship
- Lifetime warranty and excellent customer service
- Has all the accessories for a fully relaxing experience
- Helps to produce sweat faster than average (for a healthy detox and pain relief)
- The digital controller has a programmable 24-hour timer and reservation mode
- Easy assembly, no power tools required
- Comes with a matching price tag – expensive
- Requires a dedicated circuit and outlet to prevent any safety issues
✅ Available at Sun Home Saunas ($6399)
5. JNH Lifestyles 2 Person Infrared Sauna – Popular
The JNH 2-person sauna combines quality construction, efficient infrared carbon heaters, low EMF, good style, and a fair price tag. The unit seems well-built and sturdy, but you’ll need two people to assemble it.
Here’s what you get:
- 7 low-EMF carbon far infrared heaters (2.0 mG)
- 15 amps (just like any household appliance)
- FSC-certified Canadian Hemlock wood construction
- Dual wall construction
- Two premium speakers along with an amplifier via a 3.5mm auxiliary plug
- LED lighting
- Digital controller for temperature and treatment time
- No maximum weight limit for people using it
- 5-year warranty
The JNH carbon infrared sauna is high-quality engineering and planning for its price.
It’s stylish, made with good material, safe to use, and comes with great customer support.
It’s easy to unload and assemble and has a fair price tag, which makes it the best selling home infrared sauna in the last few years.
JNH Infrared Home Sauna Pros
- Easy to unload and assemble. Takes about 30 minutes once you finish unloading the parts.
- High infrared emission via carbon heaters, located in the back, side, and calf areas
- Made with “green” wood, no chemicals added. Canadian Hemlock is a good combination of strength and weight.
- UL Listed components and ETL Approved
- Has a digital controller for temperature
- Well-insulated, keeps the heat inside and the cold outside
- All front is (safety) glass, you don’t feel stuck in a box
- Cost-efficient light bulbs
- Takes 10-15 minutes to reach 125 F. Pretty quick.
- You can listen to music while you’re in it
- You can install it on a carpet
- No backrests. However, you can easily get one on Amazon.
- Assembly instruction could be clearer
✅ Available on Amazon
How to Choose a Home FIR Sauna
This is important:
An infrared sauna can be the ultimate health-promoting tool you’ll ever have, but only if you follow a few important quality and safety rules before you buy one.
For example, it has to be built with the right type of wood, and it has to have low EMF (electromagnetic field) radiation.
We’ll explain these examples and a few more important features below.
1. Low EMF radiation
Choosing a low EMF infrared sauna is the most critical factor for your safety. A safe level of EMF is considered to be anything below 3.0mG.
Through our research, we’ve found that there’s no zero EMF infrared sauna out there, but as long as the levels are at the safe readings, the difference between 2.0mG and 0.05mG is not critical.
In 2021, the most popular home infrared saunas use carbon as a heating element, which is better than the Ceramic used in old saunas.
However, carbon inherently emits higher EMF.
The best far infrared sauna brands have reduced the EMF levels emitted from their carbon levels via protecting layers.
If you are looking for the best NEAR infrared home sauna – this is the best one in 2023.
2. Infrared Heater Efficiency
The material construction of the infrared heaters inside the sauna determines the quality of heat reaching your body, and ultimately the quality of your infrared sauna. Here are the 3 main types of infrared heaters:
1. Ceramic – is considered as the old infrared technology and has a small infrared emission surface and a shorter lifespan.
Many manufacturers still offer them because they are cheaper than large high-tech carbon heater panels.
2. Carbon heater panels – considered the most advanced infrared therapy heating systems.
They have a greater heat distribution potential.
Plus, the surface temperature of carbon heaters is lower (about 150-170 degrees F).
With carbon heaters, you get an even, effective infrared wave exposure over your entire body, no matter where you position yourself in the sauna.
3. Ceramic/carbon blend – the cost-effective best of both worlds solution.
It combines low EMF (from ceramic), efficient infrared emission, and an affordable price.
3. Best Wood for Infrared Saunas
Here are the main types of wood used in home infrared saunas:
1. Western red cedar – high quality, naturally durable, light, has a high resistance to decay and is known for its pleasant aroma.
The main benefits of cedar are its beauty and its durability (which is more important for an outdoor infrared sauna than an indoor one).
2. Nordic spruce – European in origin, light in color, no-odor material, and has a slight resistance to decay.
3. Canadian Hemlock – is the least expensive one and requires mild treatment from time to time.
However, its hypoallergenic properties, along with a good balance between weight and strength, make it a good choice for an infrared sauna.
How Much Does a 2-Person FIR Sauna Cost?
A 2-person far infrared sauna will cost between $1500 to $6000 or more, depending on the wood type, size (Cedar is the best and most expensive one), number of infrared heaters, type of heaters (ceramic is cheaper than carbon), weatherproofing (roof), and number of accessories inside.
The lower-cost models are made for indoor use, usually with Canadian Hemlock wood, and contain 4-6 infrared heaters.
Mid-range models cost between $1800 to $3000 and are usually made from Cedarwood and contain 6-8 carbon fiber infrared panels.
The highest-end 2-person infrared saunas cost between $3000 to $6000 and are made with red Cedarwood, are larger in size, and contain 7-8 carbon fiber heaters spread all over the sauna, including the floor.
Outdoor infrared saunas include a roof so they can be placed outside. They are usually packed with accessories, including backrests, oxygen ionizers, chromotherapy lights, towel racks, and more.
How Much Electricity Does a 2-Person Infrared Sauna Use?
Most infrared home saunas do not use a lot of electricity. Using a 1000W sauna for one hour will cost you about 12 cents.
If you use your IR sauna for an hour every day, it will cost you less than $5 per week. Infrared saunas are cheaper to run than traditional saunas.
It’s worth noting that some infrared saunas may have energy-saving features that can reduce electricity consumption.
Also, the cost of running the sauna will depend on your local electricity rates, which can vary widely depending on your location.
How Frequently Can You Use an Infrared Sauna?
Far Infrared saunas are considered safe to use daily.
In fact, you’ll get quicker results if you use it more than 3-4 times a week.
As always, listen to your body and if at some point you feel uncomfortable – take a break for a few days.
And, hydrating well is critical, because these treatments will make you sweat. A lot.
How Long Should You Stay in an Infrared Sauna?
On average, most people sit inside the sauna for 30-45 minutes.
Use at least twice a week starting with 10-15 minutes at a time and working up to 30-40 minutes – slowly.
Do not do infrared heat treatments more than twice a day.
Make sure to hydrate before, during, and after your IR sauna sessions.
You’ve just found the 5 best INDDOR home infrared saunas in the market with a fair price tag on all three.
(If you’re interested in an OUTDOOR sauna – see our post about the only true weather-resistant FIR saunas.)
Our #1 choice for a 2-person infrared sauna is the Sun Home Equinox Infrared Sauna.
It’s built with high-quality materials, it has low EMF and infrared emission is high (full spectrum) – and it has loads of accessories, a phone charging station.
The 2-person saunas are our favorite because you can use them with a friend or a loved one, while their size fits most average rooms.
Plus, they’re more affordable than a larger sauna, yet offer the same health benefits.
👉 If you feel your budget can’t handle this type of investment right now, consider getting a portable infrared sauna instead.
To your health and happiness,