Pain. Stiffness. Exhaustion.
These are only some of the physical symptoms you have to deal with when you have Arthritis.
(Not to mention the never-ending pills.)
It feels like there’s no end in sight, right? Only more doctor appointments.
Are you supposed to accept this and keep taking pills forever?
The answer is NO.
Pain from Arthritis can be dramatically relieved in your home – naturally and fast – through laser light therapy for arthritis.
In this post you’ll find:
- Why infrared light therapy is the best (proven!) drug-free & non-invasive way to relieve arthritis pain – fast (sometimes within minutes!).
- What Infrared heat does to your body and how it heals inflammation
- How to use infrared treatment at your home and save a ton of money on healthcare.
- 1 What Is Infrared Light Therapy for Arthritis?
- 2 What Does Infrared Therapy Do to Your Body?
- 3 ✅ The Best Infrared Home Devices for Arthritis
- 4 How to Choose the Best Laser Light Therapy for Arthritis
What Is Infrared Light Therapy for Arthritis?
It’s quite simple:
Infrared light is the heat you feel when you’re out in the sun.
This powerful heat penetrates deep into your tissues – all the way through your muscles to your nerves and bones.
In technical terms, infrared therapy uses light between 600 – 1000nm in wavelength, which is invisible to the human eye.
Your body experiences infrared energy as a gentle radiant heat which can penetrate up to 1.5 inches (almost 4 cm) beneath your skin!
What Does Infrared Therapy Do to Your Body?
Infrared waves go deep in your body and naturally raise your body’s temperature, which quickly speeds up your blood circulation.
1. Fast pain relief – via pain reducing components in your blood
2. Inflammation reduction – via healing components in your blood.
Infrared light therapy for Arthritis helps your body do what it knows best (healing!) – only much faster, and better.
(Scientific proof below)
Infrared treatments are side-effect-free (more on that later).
Why Not Use “Regular” Heat?
A regular electric heating pad won’t help you relieve joint pain in the long term, because the heat doesn’t penetrate your skin all the way to your joints and the muscles surrounding them.
You need the infrared wavelength. You need to harness the power of the sun.
Plus: regular electric heating pads can burn your skin and are sometimes a fire hazard.
Fortunately, you can have this technology at home, at a very reasonable cost.
Is Far Infrared Light Therapy Proven by Science?
Many clinical human studies have proven that Infrared light therapy (also known as Low-Level Laser Therapy) is more effective than NSAIDs in relieving pain and healing inflammation.
Here are a few examples:
1. FIR therapy was proven to significantly reduce pain and inflammation of Osteoarthritis over a 24-hour period (Michael R Hamblin, 2013)
2. In patients with RA, relative to a separate control group, LLLT reduced pain by 70% relative to placebo and reduced morning stiffness by 27.5 min (95% CI -52.0 to -2.9), and increased tip to palm flexibility by 1.3 cm (95% CI -1.7 to -0.8) (brosseo et al)
3. FIR treatment was demonstrated to provide greater movement in the joints, increased connective tissue flexibility, and increased endorphins level in the bloodstream, resulting in greater pain relief (Lehmann, Williams and Wilkins, 1990).
These are only some of the studies. There are many more.
✅ The Best Infrared Home Devices for Arthritis
Luckily, these days you can own an infrared home device, and use it any time you need it, for as long as you need it.
All home devices are easy to use. You just plug them in and relax for the next few minutes.
No traveling to a treatment center, no waiting until the morning or next week for a doctor appointment.
And of course, no painkillers.
How Long is Treatment Time for Arthritis?
Treatment time ranges between 5 to 30 minutes, depending on the severity of your pain.
The treatment is painless, and you can enjoy the gentle heat while reading a book, watching TV, or better yet – just closing your eyes and resting.
What about the price?
When you want to start infrared treatments, you can go the expensive way, or the cost-effective way:
The Expensive ways are:
1. Medical infrared treatments (pricey)
2. Infrared heating beds in spas and clinics (many sessions, high price per session)
3. Infrared sauna treatments (Or buying an infrared heating sauna)
The Cost-Effective Ways are:
1. Infrared Heat Lamp for Arthritis
An infrared hand-held home device/lamp – recommended if your inflammation areas are few and small (Hand arthritis/knee/elbows etc.)
👉 You can also make your own infrared lamp – click the link to see instructions.
2. Infrared Heating Pad for Arthritis
An infrared heating pad – for larger pain areas (spinal arthritis, knees etc.)
👉 See why we think the UTK FIR pads are the highest quality in our full review.
3. Infrared Sauna for Arthritis
An infrared sauna for arthritis is our #1 recommendation for Arthritis pain relief and healing – the natural way.
You may be surprised to find that just one 40-minute session in a far infrared sauna can give significant muscle pain and stiffness relief – more than all the massages, acupuncture, physiotherapy, TENS, and ultrasound treatments together.
Sitting in a wooden box, sweating like you never sweat before, can detox your body and loosen all your muscles in a way that feels like being born again – when you come out.
The only side effects (if you hydrate properly) are clearer skin and better sleep.
👉 You can see the top 3 infrared saunas, made with non-toxic materials and fairly priced – HERE.
If your budget won’t allow having your own FIR sauna, you can go for a portable, low EMF infrared sauna – for half the price (and lower) of an infrared sauna.
The home devices are just as effective as medical devices/beds/saunas.
The only difference is the treatment area size they can treat.
- If you suffer from Arthritis in most or all your joints/spine, you’ll need a full-body treatment via a large infrared heating pad or sauna.
- If your pain is local (elbows, knees, hands, feet) – all you need is a high-quality infrared home device to save a ton of money on doctor appointments, physical therapy, and NSAIDs.
Over time, the investment in the device will pay for itself. Both in the short and long term it is a wise investment.
And this leads us to:
How to Choose the Best Laser Light Therapy for Arthritis
I’ve linked the best products in the above section, but here’s how to choose the best IR home device for your needs:
1. Treatment area
- For small treatment areas – choose an infrared heating lamp or a hand-held device.
- For large areas – Choose an infrared heating pad (you can choose a small/medium/large pad), or a 2-panel LED infrared device (the best one is the DPL Light Therapy Home Device).
2. FIR Heat Emitting System
Infrared heat is emitted either through LED bulbs or through jade/amethyst stones (which are heated electrically).
Infrared heating pads use natural stones to emit FIR rays, while hand-held/2-panel devices use LED bulbs.
Jade/amethyst stones are a great healing bonus since they alone are considered therapeutic.
The most famous (yet expensive) Amethyst infrared pad is the full body Biomat
It’s my #1 recommendation, but we wouldn’t recommend starting out with it.
Try a relatively low-cost device first, to see how it works for you.
3. EMF radiation
Always look for devices with low/no EMF radiation. The best devices clearly state how much EMF (if at all) they radiate.
The high-quality devices have a built-in timer, so you won’t have to continuously time your treatment sessions.
Infrared light therapy for Arthritis is one of the most powerful, proven and drug-free ways to relieve arthritis pain and heal joint inflammation in the long-term.
It can replace your pills, it can save you money, and it can work fast.
Having your own infrared home device makes this natural Arthritis treatment available to you 24/7 and can be used to treat any skin problems you may have as well.
It’s non-invasive, safe and easy to use.
(Read: How to use infrared therapy for Arthritis knee pain)
There are more than a few high-quality infrared home devices for pain relief, and our current #1 recommendation is the DPL Light therapy system.
What about you? Have you ever tried infrared therapy? What’s your experience? Share it with me in the comments below.
To your health and happiness,