In this post you’ll find my reviews, rating and comparison for the four best-selling infrared heating pads in 2017 – to help you find the best infrared heating pad for your needs (and budget).
Other than one, all the FIR heating pads you’ll find below use natural stones (Jade/Amethyst) to deliver the therapeutic infrared wavelength.
Below the technical comparison you’ll find in the table, you’ll find what I like and don’t like about each IR heating pad, and my rating.
Why Infrared Heating Pads?
Infrared heating pads are superior to “regular” heating pads because the natural heat penetrates deeper into your body (up to 4 inches inside) all the way to your muscles, bones and nerves.
I believe that far infrared heating pads are the best (proven) way to relieve pain – without medication.
You can see the science behind it in this post and infrared light therapy for pain.
Now let’s get to the point, shall we?
☑️ The 4 BEST Infrared Heating Pads: Comparison & Reviews
|Amethyst Mini Mat||UTK||Thermotex Platinum ||HealthyLine|
|Price||$$||$||$$||$ - $$$|
|Sizes||20 x 32 |
|Small – 15x19 inches|
Medium 31x21 inches
Large – 24x70 inches
|17 x 15 inches||Small – 18x18 inches|
Medium - 32x20 inches
Large – 72x24 inches
|Weight||8.5 lbs||Small – 2.3 lbs|
Medium - 6.6 lbs
Large – 11 lbs
|2.5 lbs||Small – 5.2 lbs|
Medium – 6 lbs
Large – 17 lbs
|Natural Stones ||100% Amethyst||60 Jade stones||None|
3 carbon fiber panels
|Cover Material||100% cotton quilted cover||Soft PU leather|
Non toxic cotton
95 – 158 F
|103-159 F||111-140 F||Up to 160 F|
|yes||4 hour shut-off||no||12hour|
|Warranty||5 years||Not specified||1 year||1 year|
5 years for controller
Protection cover pad
|Fit for travel|
|Adjustable straps||Carrying case|
|Reviews||See real reviews||See real reviews||See real reviews||See real reviews|
And now, see my reviews and pros & cons for each FIR heating pad:
1. Amethyst Mini Mat
Amethyst Mini Mat pros
- Covers the entire back and neck
- Overheat protection
- Digital controller
- Storage and carry bag
- Easy to set-up
- EMF free
- Multilayer waterproof cover
- Adjustable temperature settings
- Hard surface (yet comfortable for me)
2. UTK Infrared Heating Pads
- Heats up fast, Jade stones and negative ions
- Extra long electric cord
- Temp and time controller
- The jade heating pad is pliable and portable.
- It is available in multiple sizes.
- The user is able to adjust settings using the hand-help controller.
- The pad comes with a handy carrying case.
- Can’t be folded around the neck
3. Thermotex Platinum
Thermotex Platinum pros
- Easy to keep in place with Velcro straps
- Can be used almost anywhere on your body
- Temperature up to 140 F
- Made in Canada, high quality materials
- 3 heating elements
- Some people found it a bit stiff
- May emit EMF radiation
4. HealthyLine Infrared Heating Pads
- Jade and Tourmaline stones to emit infrared heat
- High quality materials, durable
- Adjustable temperature
- LED remote control
- Made in the USA
- Comes in multiple sizes
- No session timer
- Large one is expensive
In this post you’ve found the 4 best infrared heating pads – reviewed, compared and rated – to help you make the right buy for you.
I hope you’ve found this comparison helpful!
Let me know if you have any other questions or comments, o.k? :)
To your health and happiness,