More and more people are regularly using deep-penetrating infrared light therapy devices to relieve pain naturally and fast – without any side effects.
Having your own infrared therapy machine is a cost-effective and quick way to relieve muscle pain, joint pain, Neuropathy pain, or any kind of pain, no matter the cause.
So many infrared machines are out there: small ones, larger ones, hand-held ones, carbon fiber ones, and so on.
How do you choose the right one for you?
This infrared light therapy comparison will help you choose the best one for you, and save you hours of tedious research.
Under the comparison table below, you’ll find my infrared light therapy reviews – what I like and don’t like about each device.
👉 See how to use an infrared heat lamp for pain relief and healing.
Here we go.
This post contains affiliate links.
Table of Contents
- Does Infrared Light Therapy Work for Pain?
- The 7 Best Infrared Light Therapy Devices
- 1. Serfory Infrared Lamp Best Infrared Lamp for Muscle Pain
- 2. iReliev Infrared Heating Pad – Best for Back Pain
- 3. Snailax Infrared Massager – Best Handheld
- 4. TDP Infrared Mineral Heat Lamp Best for Physiotherapy
- 5. dpl Flex Pad Best LED Wrap
- 6. Revive dpl IIa Best Value LED Panels
- 7. Infrared Foot Massager Best for Foot Pain
- Can Infrared Light Help with Nerve Pain?
Does Infrared Light Therapy Work for Pain?
Infrared therapy is scientifically proven to be a safe and effective way to reduce pain and treat a wide range of conditions, including injuries. The deep penetrating infrared rays are experienced as heat, which increases heart rate and boosts blood circulation. This results in faster pain relief, regeneration, and healing.
Here you’ll find a short comparison between our 2022 recommended infrared therapy machines for home use. Below you’ll find our detailed infrared therapy devices reviews!
|Infrared Therapy Machine||Bottom Line||Wavelengths||Price|
|Serfory Infrared Lamp||Best Infrared Lamp for Muscle Pain||Infrared|
|✅ Check Price on Amazon|
|iReliev Infrared Heating Pad ||Best for Back Pain||Infrared||✅ $139 at iReliev|
|Snailax Infrared Massager||Best Handheld Infrared Massager||Infrared||✅ $43 - at Snailax
Use coupon code at Snailax for a discount!
|DPL IIa LED Panels||Best Infrared LED panels||Red@660 nm|
|✅ $399 at Revive Light Therapy|
|Far Infrared TDP Lamp||Best for Physiotherapy||Infrared||✅ Check Price on Amazon|
And now, check out my reviews and pros & cons of each infrared home device:
The 7 Best Infrared Light Therapy Devices
Through our extensive research, these are the highest quality infrared light therapy devices (and lamps):
1. Serfory Infrared Lamp Best Infrared Lamp for Muscle Pain
- Dimensions: 12.91 x 9.33 x 7.36 inches; 5.4 Pounds
The Serfory near infrared heat lamp has a powerful 150W near-infrared bulb, covered with an improved wire net to protect the bulb and you – from touching this hot lamp.
It is the best infrared lamp for targeted muscle pain relief, and all you have to do is point it to the aching area and enjoy the soothing infrared rays for 5-18 minutes a day (but do not overuse them). Pre-heating for 5 minutes is necessary.
The base of the Serfory lamp is sturdy and prevents it from tipping over.
However, please be careful! keep a safe distance from this lamp while using it – at least 24 inches and go even further if you feel it is too hot. It should feel nice and warm, not hot.
Serfory Infrared Lamp pros
- Sturdy, well-built
- Powerful and gets very hot
- Adjustable tilt
- Not expensive
- Easy instalation
- Danger of skin burning if you don’t keep a safe distance
✅ Price – check price on Amazon
2. iReliev Infrared Heating Pad – Best for Back Pain
The iReliev infrared heating pad emits healing infrared radiation via semi-precious natural Jade and Tourmaline stones that also release negative ions when heated.
(Negative ions promote endorphin release and pain-relieving blood components in your body)
The 24″ x 16″ iReliev FIR pad is big enough to cover most of your back or any other part of your body (it is flexible) and can be placed on a bed, sofa, recliner, or chair.
The reflective cover maximizes treatment effectiveness, and there are 55-160 F temperature settings you can choose from.
Also, it has Velcro stitching and a strap – which allows you to also use it while sitting on a chair.
✅ Price – $139 at iReliev (use coupon code “metal” to get a 10% discount!)
- EMF Free (like most jade heating pads)
- A long power cord helps place it where ever you want
- Comes with a travel bag
- Can not be used directly on the skin at a high temperature
👉 Want to see more options? See the BEST infrared heating pads of 2022 – Compared!
3. Snailax Infrared Massager – Best Handheld
An infrared massager is one of the most effective and quickest infrared pain relief devices (for muscle and nerve pain) – at home.
The Snailax infrared massager has everything you need to quickly relieve pain at home: it has variable massage settings (from low to deep tissue), infrared heat, and acupressure massage attachment, and the design is comfortable and easy to use.
Infrared Massager Pros
- Infrared heat – reaches deep into your tissues to boost the massage benefits
- A detachable head that becomes a palm-held massager
- Highly adjustable – speed control and attachments
- Comes with a detachable velcro strap, if you want to use it without the handle
- 5-year warranty, good customer service
- 6.5 ft power cord
- Fair price tag – $43 at Snailax (use coupon codes at the site for a huge discount!)
- Some users think it’s a bit too heavy
👉 Want to see alternatives? see the BEST Infrared Massagers for Pain & Cellulite!
4. TDP Infrared Mineral Heat Lamp Best for Physiotherapy
A far-infrared TDP lamp emits the far-infrared wavelength through a mineral plate that is heated with coil heat, so no light bulb is needed.
The TDP lamp is very popular, and many physical therapists and Chinese medicine practitioners use it at their clinics to enhance treatments.
The mineral plate’s lifetime is between 1000 to 1500 hours, and no replacement parts will be needed for the 5 years of daily use you can get out of it.
Treatment time can be up to 40 minutes daily. Do not use it on bare skin, keep away from the heat source to a point you feel comfortable, and use safety goggles for your eyes.
- Powerful far infrared lamp – covers a large treatment area (7.8 inches wide head)
- 360 degrees adjustable head and body & bendable neck
- Comes with a stand, easy to use when lying down or sitting
- Lasts for 5 years of daily use, no replacement parts are necessary
- Comes with a controller with a timer
- Helpful customer service
- Takes about 15 minutes to heat up fully
✅ Price – check today’s price on Amazon
5. dpl Flex Pad Best LED Wrap
👉 See the Top 5 LED Light Therapy Wraps of 2022!
The dpl red & infrared LED therapy pad (FDA-cleared, OTC Class II medical device for pain relief) covers a relatively large treatment area (9.75″ x 5″) and contains 40 infrared (880 nm) and 20 red (660nm) LEDs.
LED light therapy is a painless and non-invasive light therapy treatment. This near-infrared wrap will not get hot, so there is no danger of skin burning, and it is flexible and can be used anywhere on your body.
Treatment time is 14 minutes per area. Note that the infrared bulbs will not light up when you use it, since infrared rays are invisible.
dpl Flex Pad pros
- Flexible – can be wrapped around different areas
- Hands-free operation
- 2 Velcro straps, stays put
- Perfect for knees and elbows
- Automatic 40-minute shut-off
- Corded, limits movement
✅ Price – $159 with free shipping at Revive Light Therapy
6. Revive dpl IIa Best Value LED Panels
The dpl IIa red & infrared LED light therapy system covers the largest treatment area in this list and contains 292 infrared bulbs, dark red bulbs), red bulbs (630 nm), and amber bulbs (best for hyperpigmentation!).
It is advertised for skin anti-aging, but it can also be used for pain relief!
It is a great pain relief tool for arthritis because it is large enough to cover the painful joints along with the surrounding muscles.
👉 See the top 2 LED Light Therapy Panel Brands Compared – Platinum LED Therapy Lights Review vs. Red Light Rising
dpl Panel System pros
- Large treatment area
- 2-panels – can be attached to any area with the Velcro strap
- Hands-free operation
- Timer and auto shut-off
- Easy to use
- Not a great fit for travel due to size
- May not feel comfortable directly on the skin
✅ Price – $399 with free shipping at Revive Light Therapy
👉 See our Revive Light Therapy Reviews to help you choose the best one for your needs!
7. Infrared Foot Massager Best for Foot Pain
An infrared foot massager combines massage therapy (Shiatsu/Air Compression/Vibration) with infrared therapy to loosen your achy feet and relieve them from pain caused by working on your feet, Neuropathy, Plantar Fasciitis, and more.
The Snailax infrared foot massager has 3 programs to choose from – Shiatsu, rolling, and airbags massage – and 3 intensities, that fit even the most sensitive feet.
It’s quiet, durable, and the customer service is excellent.
Snailax Foot Massager Pros
- Combined massage and infrared heat
- Relaxing and stress relieving
- Doesn’t fit large feet, mostly benefits average to small feet
✅ Price – $104 at Snailax (use coupon code at Snailax for a huge discount!)
Can Infrared Light Help with Nerve Pain?
Studies have confirmed that infrared light therapy is effective in helping to regenerate or restore a normal sensory threshold back to the feet of neuropathy patients within 30 days to 60 days or more, depending upon the severity. Infrared rays penetrate deep to reach muscles and nerves. As the nerve cells absorb energy from the light, which supports cellular regrowth and regeneration, reduce inflammation, and repair wounds or injuries.
👉 See exactly how to use Red/Infrared Light for Neuropathy – at Home!
To your health and happiness,
Jean Stelian MD, Israel Gil MD, et al. Improvement of Pain and Disability in Elderly Patients with Degenerative Osteoarthritis of the Knee Treated with Narrow‐Band Light Therapy, https://doi.org/10.1111/j.1532-5415.1992.tb01824.x
Dong Huang, Yong-Hong Gu, Qin Liao, Xue-Bin Yan, Shai-Hong Zhu, Chang-Qing Gao, “Effects of Linear-Polarized Near-Infrared Light Irradiation on Chronic Pain“, The Scientific World Journal, vol. 2012, Article ID 567496, 4 pages, 2012. https://doi.org/10.1100/2012/567496
Vinck, E., Cagnie, B., Coorevits, P. et al. Pain reduction by infrared light-emitting diode irradiation: a pilot study on experimentally induced delayed-onset muscle soreness in humans. Lasers Med Sci 21, 11 (2006). https://doi.org/10.1007/s10103-005-0366-6
Ishiguro M, Ikeda K, Tomita K. Effect of near-infrared light-emitting diodes on nerve regeneration. J Orthop Sci. 2010 Mar;15(2):233-9. doi: 10.1007/s00776-009-1438-4. Epub 2010 Apr 1. PMID: 20358337.